NY/NJ departures

Boatingmom

We live in NJ and love to avoid flying with DD when possible. We did the Caribbean Princess from Brooklyn in June 2009, Carnival Miracle from NYC in June 2010. Both cruises were great. Now we're booked for the NCL Jewel (due to the Nick program) in June 2011. This will be our first time on Norwegian. So excited the the Dora & Spongebob activities.

There are lots of options. Good luck on your search.:)

How old are your children? If they are 2 but not yet 3 then Carnival and NCL are your options. Older than 3 then Royal Caribbean is a good option. I have sailed Explorer and Jewel out of Bayonne and NYC respectively and hope to get on the Dawn and Gem this year. Will be doing Jewel again in July too.

Thanks for all the responses.

dstewart1075-Let me know how NCL goes. I have shied away from them years ago due to a bad experience, but I'm willing to givethem another try if I hear enough good reports.

The children are 11 & 13. I've been all the lines mentioned, but it seams they go to bermuda or bahamas from NY area. I'm really still ooking for a carribbean itinerary. The search continues...

We're doing a Canadian itinerary out of New York on Carnival Glory - with an infant we wanted a shorter cruise (5-6 nights) and DH and I have done this itinerary before so we know there's a lot of baby-friendly stuff to do. Otherwise we were looking at the Miracle's 8-night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. John, Grand Turk).

The thought of flying with young children makes me batty, so we will be seeking cruises out of New York/New Jersey when possible for a while to come (this is our first child). Baltimore would also be an option.

Archived