Cozumel with a 2.5 year old?!

MizErin1215

I am absolutely clueless what do do with my 2.5 year old daughter in Cozumel when we cruise next week. As of last summer, she hated the sand at Galveston beach and I'm sure much hasn't changed since then, so that pretty much rules out a beach! I don't know what we can do.. any suggestions?

Try the website cozumelinsider dot com. Lots of ideas there, with links. Perhaps a boat or catamaran tour? or the submarine ride to see the fish? If you are doing something on a boat, get your daughter her own life jacket to wear so she can wear it at home and will be comfortable ahead of time in it, and you won't worry. They are available in her size online at LL Bean or Overtons or any large sporting goods store like Bass Pro or Dick's. I will be ordering one soon for my 1 year old GS to take on our cruise, and use at his other grandpa's lake house.

I would not take someone that young on a small boat - you're just asking them to get sea-sick (or worse! :eek:) at the wrong time. :(

I'd suggest Paradise Beach, despite what you say about your daughter and sand. They have a new heated pool, clean restrooms and changing facilities, reasonably priced food and drinks - and it is family friendly. You only pay $2 for a lounge chair and then buy your food and drinks, so no all-inclusive deal that only works for those hard partiers. Somethings for your daughter and some things for you, and who knows, maybe she'll like the feel and taste of Mexican sand.:rolleyes:

In another 4-6 years you could look at swimming with the dolphins at Chakanaab or one of the other providers, but not for a 2.5 year old. Good luck! :)

Our son was 2.5 last year when we visited Cozumel. Initially we thought we were going to just get off the ship and check out the pier shopping area. Then after seeing all that beautiful beach and blue water, we figured we better go check out a beach. So we paid the $13 (for all of us) for the cab ride over to Paradise Beach and spent a few hours there. Got 2 lounge chairs at $2 a piece and a bucket of beer for some standard price (don't recall the exact amount). DH and our older son rented snorkel gear at no cost. I stayed in the shade while our 2.5 y/o played in the sand. It ended up being a nice day, so glad me we decided to go check it out after all.

I would recommend doing what we did. Don't book anything. Get off the ship, check out the port (we docked at Puerta Maya), it is a really nice port full of shops, there are also some bars and eateries. Then if while you are there you get the urge to do more, go to the front of the port get one of the many waiting cabs and take a short trip to a number of private beaches.

Archived