Balcony Dividers

ussenterprise

Hello, DW and I are sailing on the Gem on March 26. In-laws are coming and we have adjoining balconies. Does NCL allow the divider between the balconies to be opened? When we cruised with friends on the RCCL Navigator of the Seas, they claimed that for safety reasons, they would not open the dividers.

Thanks!

I am not sure if they will open them, but on the Pearl it was obvious that is was possible but required a special tool or key to do so. I hope it works out for you because we saw how they can swing away and thought it would be neat to be able to open it up for double balcony fun. But we had strangers next to us so we didn't ask.;)

Just ask your cabin attendant. It usually is no big deal.

In your photo, just the one partition section is open. Do both swing open to really open up the space, or just the one to create a 'pass through?'

(We're sailing on the Gem Aug 28!)

We were on the Dawn very recently and we had our balcony divider opened up and kept open for the whole cruise without a problem! It is only the one door that swings open, but it's still nice!

I was told that on the Jewel it is a full door, so that's why I was surprised to the the photo with the split door. Now I'm wondering if that's even the Gem??

Last year on the Jewel we had 2 connecting balconies and we called down to have it opened. They used a special tool and it remained open for the rest of the trip. They knocked on our friends door first to make sure they wanted it open. Hopefully it is the same thing on the Gem this June, we have 5 rooms in a row:)

Just a suggestion.. when the wind gets going to door blows even if you tuck it behind a chair. So this year I packed those velcro cable ties to hold the doors shut.

Archived