"Princesser" does Carnival... lots of photos

wilfros

OK!!! You're the second vote. So here I go, and it will titled the same as here "Princesser does Carnival". I want all your support if things go sour!

117.jpg

dayum!! i forgot to get a drink in one of them "coco"nuts :-\

Too bad Linda didn't get any of those butterflies in a 3D shot. That might be quite cool.

Kim has given up on trying to see the 3D image. I tried showing her how to use her hands to only see it easier, but she just got too frustrated.

dayum!! i forgot to get a drink in one of them "coco"nuts :-\

Too bad Linda didn't get any of those butterflies in a 3D shot. That might be quite cool.

Kim has given up on trying to see the 3D image. I tried showing her how to use her hands to only see it easier, but she just got too frustrated.

KIM FRUSTRATED!!?? Are we talking about the same Kim??

Natasha, now that's a different thing completely (lol).

Hope all is well. Good to hear from you. I am sorry Kim can't see the 3D, when we get together I will have the oldfashioned 3D viewer you get at antique stores and she will be able to see Natasha just fine.

Take care.

Well people this has been fun…

Could I make a recommendation to the Pride and/or Carnival Cruise Lines it would be as follows:

If you are going to make announcements during the day, I would recommend they be ones that the passengers would find useful. As we sailed out the first day at sea we passed a “group” of dolphins. While we all knew when bingo was going to take place, only if you were lucky enough to be on top deck did you know about the dolphins. On the return, apparently, we passed a US aircraft carrier in launch and recover operations, there was even a rumor that a sub may have been sighted. Nary a mention was made of these on the PA system.

While many wanted to know about Bingo, I am certain that everyone would have loved to have known the info about the Carrier and the dolphins. Why the bridge didn’t let us know is beyond my comprehension.

I also strongly feel that you should make this suggestion to John Heald on his blog and/or facebook (I'd be more than happy to post it to his facebook for you). I could not agree more that if the bridge was aware the dolphins (might not have been in plain sight) or carrier operations (they would have had to have known) making the passengers aware would be excellent. Most of us are on a cruise for the different experiences you can typically only get on a cruise, and those definitely fall under that category.

KIM FRUSTRATED!!?? Are we talking about the same Kim??

Natasha, now that's a different thing completely (lol).

Hope all is well. Good to hear from you. I am sorry Kim can't see the 3D, when we get together I will have the oldfashioned 3D viewer you get at antique stores and she will be able to see Natasha just fine.

Take care.

Sounds like a plan! Maybe next time we can get together on a Princess cruise.

I also strongly feel that you should make this suggestion to John Heald on his blog and/or facebook (I'd be more than happy to post it to his facebook for you). I could not agree more that if the bridge was aware the dolphins (might not have been in plain sight) or carrier operations (they would have had to have known) making the passengers aware would be excellent. Most of us are on a cruise for the different experiences you can typically only get on a cruise, and those definitely fall under that category.

Steve, I'm the 3D guy not the facebook guy!! I have no idea how it works and I want to keep it that way.

If you would like to pass this on (on my behalf or otherwise) you are welcome to do so.

Let me know what he says, if anything at all.

You better get Kim learning the theme from the Love Boat if you are thinking about Princess. I vote her to be our next celebrity of the week.

Thanks for the great review. We have sailed Princess and loved it and will be sailing again. I have been leery of even considering Carnival, after reading your review I may have to rethink it

we had exactly the same feeling before Pride. Someone on one of these threads once said "A cruise is what you make it", we went to have fun and fun we had.

We met great people, had a great time and sailed on a great ship. Are there better ships? Certainly but in combination with everything else it is hard for us to imagine a better cruise (It was just too short).

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. When we finally do get to go to Hawaii (14 days) it could take me a year to write that review.

I enjoyed your review and the photos very much. Thanks for posting it over here; it was fun to get your take on a different line, and I'm glad y'all had such a good cruise. Gotta say, though, some of the decor makes me shudder (those torsos in the disco give me the creeps, plus I hate butterflies!).

Found your review on the Princess boards. Thanks so much for the review. Glad you had such a great time. I remember when you were asking about taking this cruise, and many people discouraged you. My only concern was sailing out of Baltimore in the winter, but with the enclosed pool area sounds like it wasn't a issue. We have only sailed on Princess and Carnival. Like you we prefer the decor of Princess (but I really wish Princess would get the wonderful beds that Carnival has!! We have really enjoyed the ports that Princess sails to, but if the price is right would sail Carnival again.

Tried to see the 3D, I could see the third image in the middle, but not that clearly. It also has given me a headache. OH well, no big deal, really enjoyed your review and pics!!

wonderful pictures, she is a beautiful ship. Thank you for posting

What a fantastic review, the detail and especially the pictures made me feel as though I took the cruise with you. Most important though, as a Princess die hard, you changed the opinion I thought I had about cruising on a Carnival ship.

Thanks for your kind words, writing it was fun.

Here are a few more 3D photos that didn't get included.

MY DW (at her best)

82.jpg

99.jpg

98.jpg

114.jpg

75.jpg

69.jpg

Yes! No steriopticon necessary -- just slightly cross my eyes, sit still for a second -- instant 3-D!

Cool beans! :)

Thanks for the tip. You helped me to have patience and not go blind with so much cross-eyed.

Thanks for the tip. You helped me to have patience and not go blind with so much cross-eyed.

I am so Sorry. The post on how to view the 3D photos was many pages ago.

For those who missed it you can view the tutorial on the second to last post on this blog. click here.

Basically what it says is

1. relax your eyes, don't try to force it.

2. slowly cross your eyes, just a little.

3. if it doesn't work then either look away and then try again or try on a different photo.

4. once you are successful it becomes easier and easier to view them.

Your eyes do feel funny the first couple of times you try this but with repetition it becomes easier.

The feeling you get with your eyes is as if you are gazing into space in a trance like stare and all of a sudden the two photos become one.

If anyone is still having problems please let me know and I will try and help you. The effect really is quite something when you get the hang of it.

20.jpg

Good Luck all :eek:

Thank you for your great review of your trip. I was getting a little worried that this trip would not be as good as my last 2 experiences on Carnival. I too have been on Princess twice, both were to Alaska. This will be my 2nd trip in 31 years with just my husband. You have eased my mind greatly.

Thank you for your great review of your trip. I was getting a little worried that this trip would not be as good as my last 2 experiences on Carnival. I too have been on Princess twice' date=' both were to Alaska. This will be my 2nd trip in 31 years with just my husband. You have eased my mind greatly.[/quote']

I'm Glad I could help. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip report and all the beautiful pictures! We sailed on the Pride last April (2010) on our first cruise and loved it. In fact, because of the cost savings for driving, and availability of a different itinerary, we're going again in September!

Incidentally, DH was thrilled to see that there was a lone hammock he might be able to hop into. They only recently built the adult serenity section - wasn't there when we went last.

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip report and all the beautiful pictures! We sailed on the Pride last April (2010) on our first cruise and loved it. In fact, because of the cost savings for driving, and availability of a different itinerary, we're going again in September!

Incidentally, DH was thrilled to see that there was a lone hammock he might be able to hop into. They only recently built the adult serenity section - wasn't there when we went last.

Mr Wilfos thank you for a great review. You insite are very helpful and meaning ful.

Love the photos too.

Links to my reviews at the end of my signature.

I am glad you both enjoyed the review. BTW the hammock was nice but the furniture, including the hammock, was so new the crew couldn't find the cushions for us. Oh well we only had about 3 days in good enough weather to enjoy that area anyway. LOL

Just now getting around to preparing the 3D photos properly for final viewing, so thought I would post one on here for you to see.

04.jpg

BTW: Before our cruise I heard (read) a number of comments about the shaking or vibrations of Pride. When we were at David's for supper we took a video of our water glasses which show the vibrations we encountered. It was also the only time we noticed it. If it continued throughout our cruise it sure didn't bother us.

Let me know if you want me to post this video for you to see.

• 3 weeks later...
I am so Sorry. The post on how to view the 3D photos was many pages ago.

For those who missed it you can view the tutorial on the second to last post on this blog. click here.

Basically what it says is

1. relax your eyes, don't try to force it.

2. slowly cross your eyes, just a little.

3. if it doesn't work then either look away and then try again or try on a different photo.

4. once you are successful it becomes easier and easier to view them.

Your eyes do feel funny the first couple of times you try this but with repetition it becomes easier.

The feeling you get with your eyes is as if you are gazing into space in a trance like stare and all of a sudden the two photos become one.

If anyone is still having problems please let me know and I will try and help you. The effect really is quite something when you get the hang of it.

Good Luck all :eek:

I very much liked your review...you said to tell you of problems with 3D. Every time I tried to follow the directions I got nauseous so I just gave up. I'm sure it is something about MY vision.

I very much liked your review...you said to tell you of problems with 3D. Every time I tried to follow the directions I got nauseous so I just gave up. I'm sure it is something about MY vision.

I'm sorry to hear this, it is not unusual when first trying. People tend to try too hard. You are doing the right thing, give up for a while then try again.

One of the main causes for this is, trying too hard to force your eyes to cross. The most important thing to do is relax, relax your eyes and slowly begin to cross them.

If you have ever gotten tired and began staring at a wall or painting or some such thing and all of a sudden you begin to see this item as 2 items, slightly offset from each other. The tendency is to shake it off and try looking again and you see the item correctly.

This is the same "state" you are trying to obtain here. It is a natural state for your eyes, just one we are not used to nor feel comfortable (at first) with.

Once you succeed with one photo it becomes easier and easier. In my opinion it is worth the time and effort. Some of the 3D effects are really like being on the ship or in the location.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble and I will direct you to some web sites that will provide you with detailed and diagramed instructions for viewing these.

Good Luck, I look forward to your response as to whether or not you had success.

One other thing: right click on one of the photos and download it to your computer where you can access it easily for convenience. I suggest one of the photos of the Promenade Deck under the life boats. this photo is the one with the best and deepest 3D effect, thus should be the one that is easiest to see at first. Practice with this one and once you get the hang of it return to the others.

Here they are for you to download:

35.jpg

79.jpg

you might want to just put it (all alone) on your desktop and just sit back and stare at it for a while. Don't try to see the 3D just stare. After a while, and all of a sudden you should see a third photo begin to appear between the two originals, when this happens, again relaxed, start to focus your attentiion on that 3rd photo. Once you do this it should just "snap" into focus.

Another tip that might help in viewing these 3D photos is:

Don't look at either of the photos, but rather look with both eyes at the line between the photos. If you focus on this line the 3D effect will come in to view, hopefully!

Please let me know if you have any success. Good luck

Don't look at either of the photos, but rather look with both eyes at the line between the photos. If you focus on this line the 3D effect will come in to view, hopefully!

I have been able to get the 3D effect. It is really great! What a fantastic photo skill.

[

Let me know if you want more.... Enjoy.. again you can get instructions on how to view by visiting http://www.stamperspad.com/wilfros/ and the second last post is an interactive tutorial just click next button to proceed through the lesson:D

You have to seriously cross your eyes but it works!

I can't believe I'm sitting in my office staring crossed eyed at the computer!

You can also guide your eyes to view it correctly with your hands.

1. Close your left eye and with your right hand, block only the right side picture from view, keep your right hand steady.

2. Close your right eye, open your left eye and with your left hand, block the left side picture from view, keep your left hand steady.

3. If you haven't move your right hand, when you open both eyes, each eye should have only one image in its field of view. If you need to, close each eye to move your hand to block out the image on that side.

4. With only one image in each eye's field of view, focus on the one image you can see with both eyes (this will cross your eyes) and the 3-D image should come into view.

Great photos!! love the 3d............I see in 73 you were on the Song of Norway.............great little ship.................she was our first in 96

Archived