Amerisuites in FLL?

browndog

Amerisuites on 17th street was suggested as a place to stay the night before our cruise. Could not tell if had shuttle to Port Everglades. Also a little scared that price seemed pretty low ($89.00). Looking for a nice, clean room and a shuttle to the port. Any thoughts on Amerisuites or a place you would recommend precruise?

If you are not expecting the Ritz then you should be fine. As to the shuttle - well up to now they are still running free BUT since the Embassy (next door) has started charging - I think it will only be a matter of time before they start charging too or do away with this service altogether. When you check in ask about signing up for the shuttle. However should it not be available (remember embarkation days are a zoo in any hotel near the port) the Ameri isn´t far from the port & if you take a cab it shouldn´t be more than 8 - 10 USD incl. tip (Maybe even less.)

We stayed here in pre cruise March 2003 (Springbreak) and will be staying here again in Dez 2004.

Amerisuites is fine similar to Homewood Suites and Residence Inn - the only thing I didn't like about them is one tv for the bedroom and living area and no door separating the two. So, if you are traveling with kids it didn't work for us.

Happy Sailing

Hi, I also stayed there in May 2003. Clean, near lots of restaurants, shuttle (free) and another great thing...if you are driving...you can leave your car on their lot for the week at no charge too icon_biggrin.gif...that was nice!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

Amerisuites is a great value for the money especially if it is only for one night . Keep in mind too your rate includes the airport and pier transportation and a continental breakfast. It is convenient to walk to stores, the Outback or a great Mexican restaurant. You can also walk about 5 blocks to the 17th Street bridge, go to the Marriott hotel and get the Water Taxi to tour for just $5 per person for all day on/off privleges. Any rate under $100 in prime season is good!

Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04

Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003

Carnival Legend 4/11/2003

Carnival Pride 2/23/2002

Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001

Grand Princess 3/2001

Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000

Sea Princess 2/22/1999

Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998

Celebrity Century 3/1997

Celebrity Zenith 11/1996

Legend of the Seas 6/1995

Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

I used Hotwire and booked 3 star property for $45 in Oct/03 for Dec/03 stay, and got the Amerisuites. They had free shuttle to/from airport and port. Good clean room with seperate living area with kitchenette. However, with Hotwire and Priceline you do not know hotel (just area and star rating) until after you book and pay.

I just used Priceline for Ft. Lauderdale beach area, 4 star, for $80 and got the Hyatt, Pier 66, for 4/24/04, Which is what I wanted. They do not have free shuttle or breakfast but it is only a $10 cab ride to and from port/airport. This was well worth it for me.

Steve Hayes

We stay at Amerisuites on 17th Street 3/11/04 pre cruise. It is a very nice hotel for the money. The staff went out of their way to help us. I know in the past many posted negative opinions but I did not feel that way.

I like to mention that the hotel let us leave our luggage in their media area upon our return to port because we had the better part of the day before our homebound connection.We will use Amerisuites again.

Coral Princess/Panama Canal 3/12/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;3;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Holland/Veendam 1/28/99

Princess/Dawn 2/28/01

Princess/Golden 3/2/02

Princess/Coral 3/12/04

Archived