Ísafjörður (Iceland) excursion

bots33

Hi all

Couldn't find a board for Icelandic excursions so asking if anyone knows of reliable English speaking taxi driver around Ísafjörður in Iceland (the excursion my parents booked on has been cancelled). Anyone visited this place and can recommend places to see / things to do?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi all

Couldn't find a board for Icelandic excursions so asking if anyone knows of reliable English speaking taxi driver around Ísafjörður in Iceland (the excursion my parents booked on has been cancelled). Anyone visited this place and can recommend places to see / things to do?

Thanks in advance for any replies

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

You may want to check out the Northern Europe ports of call boards.

Here is a relevant thread from this summer:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1253923

We have a 10-hour layover on Icelandair and we are going to the Blue Lagoon. Seems like a great pre-cruise excursion before heading to Barcelona.

This was a substitute port for us, instead of Grundarfjordur. We were on QE2, so it was a tender port. We didn't do a tour, just got off and walked around. There was a nice little museum there. Local people dancing for us, children demonstrating Icelandic wrestling. EM

I stopped there when on a very small ship that was able to dock. If the sun is out it is a beautiful little fjord. I walked over to the museum at the top of the fjord.

It was a fine day and I had a picnic lunch outside on the deck of our little ship (MV Explorer now long gone at the bottom of the ocean).

If the weather is fine (rare in this part of the world) most everyone in town will take off and go to enjoy their day.

Visitors to this area are rare. There isn't a pushy tourist environment.

Archived