Update/Resolution to my previous thread

snigg

I still dont see it for the MJ:confused::confused:...........Monarch,yes.but not the Majesty........

You're correct, I only looked at the Monarch last night when I was trying to find this list again because that is the ship I might be booking. I pulled up the Monarch again since if I was going to do a dummy booking, I might as well check prices at the same time.:o

I had one of these cabins on the Sovereign on my first cruise so I figured all three were the same. Wish I could remember what deck I was on. I think I threw away all my paperwork since I was never going to cruise again. Little did I know....;)

I've sailed Sovereign 1x, Majesty 2x, and Monarch 1x. I never knew that it was possible to have a cabin with two twin beds that could not be moved together. If making my booking over the phone, I would not have even thought to ask that question. I do all my bookings online and I would expect that disclosure to be there when booking that cabin (the same as "obstructed view" cabins are listed, or other disclosures specific to a cabin that may be different. It should be (and apparently is) a requirement for the rep on the phone to provide that information as well. Had they done that, this would have all been avoided. I am happy to see that Royal Caribbean realized that and obviously had him high up on that waitlist when a cabin opened up that would be suitable.

On a side note, I did cruise on the Norway once and we had an "upper/lower" arrangement. When booking, it did tell me that. As I was "young" and inexperienced at the time, I did call and confirmed that "really" meant 1 bed up and 1 bed down, like bunkbeds. I've never seen that on any other ship.

I know I have never thought of it either. I guess we all are used to it automatically being a queen such as all hotels have. Never have i had a choice of a single bed in a hotel so the OP's problem has been very beneficial to many newbies. :)

The agent simply should have confirmed the bedding configuration with snigg at the time of booking. Here's another example of what can happen: As a former TA, I received a call for a tenth anniversary cruise (on Carnival). After obtaining the quote, the gentleman called me the next day to ask if I would match a quote from another agency. The other quote was so low that I asked him what he was getting for that fare (I had quoted an Interior with a king bed). He replied "it says category 1". He was horrified when I advised that that would give him an upper and lower bunk bed for their anniversary cruise! He realized that he wouldn't have known until they boarded the ship and he booked with me for the next twelve years...;)

The agent simply should have confirmed the bedding configuration with snigg at the time of booking. Here's another example of what can happen: As a former TA, I received a call for a tenth anniversary cruise (on Carnival). After obtaining the quote, the gentleman called me the next day to ask if I would match a quote from another agency. The other quote was so low that I asked him what he was getting for that fare (I had quoted an Interior with a king bed). He replied "it says category 1". He was horrified when I advised that that would give him an upper and lower bunk bed for their anniversary cruise! He realized that he wouldn't have known until they boarded the ship and he booked with me for the next twelve years...;)

Thats crazy.. Do they really still have those types of rooms?????

We have sailed RCCL, Disney, carnival, and costa and never had a room less than a suite until our last cruise, I was suprised at how small the D1 cabins are but for two people its perfect size and a great savings.

And this is exactly the type of situation I thought of when I first read the OP's case. Glad he got a resolution to his problem.

Thats crazy.. Do they really still have those types of rooms?????

Yes, many Carnival ships have category 1As which have 1 lower and 1 upper bed. It's not as common anymore, but there used to be frequent posts on the Carnival board from people who booked 1As because they were cheap but got mad because they didn't realize what they were booking (usually involved a honeymoon or young dating couple). I believe Carnival has increased the notification on these rooms which RCCL should do as well.

Archived