60 day transfer window on Passage Certs.

drb

I have been unable to clarify a question about a Celebrity Passages Certificate I purchased on Jan 13,2011. On Feb 10th I used it to book a fall cruise directly through Celebrity.

Does the 60 day window to transfer the booking to a TA begin on the date I bought the certificate (01/13/2011) or the date I booked the cruise (02/10/2011) ? Thanks for your help. I was unable to figure this out with repeated searches so I apologize for any redundancy this question represents.

I just booked Passages for an intended Alaska 2012 cruise, itineraries not out yet. I was told it's 60 days from when I actually booked the cruise to transfer to a TA, not from when I purchased Passages. This makes sense-- you can't transfer a booking until you actually make a booking. What if you took longer than 60 days to book a particular cruise?

I just booked Passages for an intended Alaska 2012 cruise, itineraries not out yet. I was told it's 60 days from when I actually booked the cruise to transfer to a TA, not from when I purchased Passages. This makes sense-- you can't transfer a booking until you actually make a booking. What if you took longer than 60 days to book a particular cruise?

There you go, making a sensible argument :). I agree that would seem to be the only reasonable interpretation but ......

Where does one go to get full info about pass cert? Would like to have full explanation and details. Cost, time rame etc Thanks

Here is some info that might answer some of your questions.

I had posted this last November on another thread.

Re:Open Passages booking. A reduced, non refundable deposit of $100 per person gets you a certificate that does not expire and is good for booking a future cruise. You pay less up front and no additional funds are required until you make final payment. Plus you get a Friends and Family Certificate for each one purchased.

Plus there is onboard credit. Per cabin:

$50 for 4-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

This is not combinable with other Celebrity coupons or the shareholder benefit, but for those who don’t own stock this would be a good OBC.

The Captain’s Club hostess gave us a real handy tip. Buy the Open Passages booking in one name only and only pay the $100 deposit for one person instead of 2. You can add the other name when you make the actual booking. Soooo……we bought 2 …one in each name to use for our next 2 cruises. Only paid a total of $200 instead of $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We bought 2 while on the Solstice recently and just used 1 of them last week when we booked the April Transatlantic.

All we had to do was add the $100 depost for me, making the total deposit for that cruise only $200 instead of $900. Love it!

Another thing...after you make a booking you are not locked into that itinerary. You can change it without penalty up until final payment is due as long as you keep the same booking number.

The Friends and Family certificate allows another cabin to be booked at the same low deposit and also recieve the same OBC as you. It must be the same sailing and booked within 30 days of the original booking. It's great if you are traveling with family or friends...even your own kids that would need a cabin of their own....same low deposit and OBC.

Keep in mind that a travel agent OBC IS combinable, so if you play your cards right you could end up with a nice spending allowance for your cruise.

Thanks Char:)

I didn't realize that you could buy just one Passages and add a name later. I have purchased one that includes my husband and myself.

Next time,we will purchase 2 seperate Passages Certificates.

I would never have known that if you hadn't of explained it!!!!

Thanks Char:)

I didn't realize that you could buy just one Passages and add a name later. I have purchased one that includes my husband and myself.

Next time,we will purchase 2 seperate Passages Certificates.

I would never have known that if you hadn't of explained it!!!!

I wouldn't have known it either if the Captain's Club hostess had not told us...wouldn't have crossed my mind to do it that way! :)

Thanks for the information but it raises a few questions. Do you have to purchase while on a cruise to receive low deposit and OBC? What other money saving benefits or perks can we secure? We are new to cruising. We sailed on the Century last April for our first ever cruise but now have the bug. We have since been on 3 cruises over the past year. Wish we would have know the fun and dollar value of cruises earlier. Please give me other tips.

This is very interesting. Does anyone know if UK cruisers can take advantage of this? We shall be on Solstice on May 1st so will try to remember to enquire!

I suggest you to call X booking in UK before to buy it. I’m from European Community like you and this is my story:

During my last November crossing on the Eclipse, I bought a Passages certificate after that the Captain’ Club Hostess confirmed me that from 2010 EC citizens have the same rules like US and Canada passengers. My intention was to use it for 2012 transatlantic. So, when I was back I called X office in Italy and I spoke with a Captain Club agent. She was very polite and she said it was her first time to hear about the X passages but she would ask to a supervisor and called me back. In a couple of hours she called me and she said that EC costumers can have the OBC but we must book a cruise in 30 DAYS (and not in 60!!) from the certificate date (it expires!!!) and paying the 30% in advance ( instead of no additional deposits). This was from Celebrity Italy and not from a TA (just in case one think they want to have my money in advance).

‘Till now 2012 departure aren’t out and I suppose I’ve lost my 100$ I paid for the Passages Certificate. As today Miami Celebrity has not resolved this issue.

I apologize in advance for my bad English.

I suggest you to call X booking in UK before to buy it. I’m from European Community like you and this is my story:

During my last November crossing on the Eclipse, I bought a Passages certificate after that the Captain’ Club Hostess confirmed me that from 2010 EC citizens have the same rules like US and Canada passengers. My intention was to use it for 2012 transatlantic. So, when I was back I called X office in Italy and I spoke with a Captain Club agent. She was very polite and she said it was her first time to hear about the X passages but she would ask to a supervisor and called me back. In a couple of hours she called me and she said that EC costumers can have the OBC but we must book a cruise in 30 DAYS (and not in 60!!) from the certificate date (it expires!!!) and paying the 30% in advance ( instead of no additional deposits). This was from Celebrity Italy and not from a TA (just in case one think they want to have my money in advance).

‘Till now 2012 departure aren’t out and I suppose I’ve lost my 100$ I paid for the Passages Certificate. As today Miami Celebrity has not resolved this issue.

I apologize in advance for my bad English.

That is outrageous! If they sold it to you in error, they most certainly should at least refund your $100 deposit.

I purchased one in December and it says

"Offer valid to residents of the United States and Canada only. A Celebrity Passages account shall have no expiration date."

If the rules have changed to include EC citizens, it may be that they were still using the old stock form with the restriction when I purchased mine.

Maybe someone who has booked Celebrity Passages more recently will check the Terms and Conditions to let us know whether the sentence restricting it to US and Canada residents has since been removed.

P.S. Your English is excellent and there is no need for any apology. It is at least a million times better than my Italian.

Archived