Roll Calls for European Summer Cruisings

wcook

This summer I'm taking my first European cruise, and my first on RCI. Every planning thread suggests that joining the roll calls for your cruise is a good way to meet fellow passengers and possibly arrange shared private tours.

Well, the roll call for my cruise, and pretty much all the rolls calls for the summer Liberty sailings are bare. Only one of the Jun/July/Aug threads has more than 10 posts. Most just have 1-3 posters.

Just curious, is this normal? Do the roll calls get more active closer to summer?

I'm on the usual roll call for my April sailing (this will be our second year) and it has gone a bit quite for the time being but we are the usual crew and we all know what to do.

I have to say though I am going for my first cruise out of America this year and my roll call for that has gone rather quiet.

Some European roll calls do take time to get started because as stated before we don't know much about Cruise Critic..........if it wasn't for Google I would never have found this place.

It does ebb at times but just check back every so often and people will eventually start talking.

CK x

I've found that Med roll calls can be slow but have also had some quite active ones. I think part of the problem is that alot of the passengers who will be onboard are non English speaking so would never use CC.

Sometimes they pick up nearer the cruise so keep checking.

Julie

Archived