Which Rule Is Most Important To You?

roe2ship

WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?  

715 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

• Dress Code
    • Designated Smoking Areas
    • No reserving lounge chairs
    • No minors allowed (i.e hot tubs, adult pools, etc)

If the cruise lines ever decided to enforce one of their basic rules / guidelines, which ONE would you care to see enforced the most “completely” (no and, no if and no but)

Dress Code

Designated Smoking Areas

No reserving lounge chairs

No minors allowed (i.e hot tubs, adult pools, etc)

My vote is toss the chair hogs in the brig or feed the sharks. :D For me, this is a nuisance searching for a place to sit everyday.

Smoke em if you got em! I don't..

Wear what ever blows your skirt up! I enjoy looking nice...

Put your kids whereever you want them! Mine are grown..I will leave them home..

BUT, I sure would like to get a chair at the shows when I arrive, and a deck chair in the sun once in a while!

Let's see, how others dress doesn't really bother me (though I always follow the dress code).

Never had a problem with smokers smoking outside of their designiated area.

Never had a problem with chair hogs, believe it or not (sitting by the pool is too loud, anyway).

However, I get sick of kids splashing around in a hot tub like it's a pool, and 20 of them taking up all the hot tubs in the area. Plus, those without kids sometimes just want a chance to relax in a pool, and how do you tell a child to not splash around in a pool? More enforcement of adult areas, please. :)

I can only choose ONE!!! ;)

Tough question....I personally haven't noticed too many smokers on my past few cruises. So I didn't choose that because it seems to me that many smokers are being respectful. As for dress code, I love seeing the passengers dressed to the nines, but if someone chooses not to follow the dress codes it really does not detract from my experience. So I didn't choose that one either.

The lounge chair situation is really irritating as are the parents who allow their children in "adults only" areas. But I had to give the edge to the lounge chairs b/c it really infuriates me! LOL :).

Great poll by the way!

I voted for lounge chairs. I do not understand why parents let kids take a lounge chair. They throw their towel on it and leave. The kids are running around, swimming and not the least bit interested in sitting by the pool.

Smoke em if you got em! I don't..

Wear what ever blows your skirt up! I enjoy looking nice...

Put your kids whereever you want them! Mine are grown..I will leave them home..

BUT, I sure would like to get a chair at the shows when I arrive, and a deck chair in the sun once in a while!

On some Princess ships, like the Sun, if you don't get to the theater 45 minutes to an hour before the show, you ain't going to get a good seat. In fact, you're likely to get no seat at all ... or one directly in front of a large pole which pretty much blocks your view from the stage.

Since most shows are run multiple times, the rule I would like to see is a procedure whereby first come, first served you get one ticket per person to each show. This is advanced reserve seating. The advanced ticket holders are let in first, and then the doors are opened for general admission. This guarantees that you will get a decent seat for at least one performance of the show. Then, if you wish to see the show again, you go general admission and take your chances getting a seat.

I have a feeling some people go to a given show several times, and it is not fair that others are forced to watch the show by standing along the back wall. Everyone should have a chance to have a good seat for at least one viewing of the show without having to cool their heels in the theater for a full hour before showtime.

Just one of my pet Princess peeves. Only took one Princess cruise so far, but I have to say Holland America never had this problem.

Blue skies ...

--rita

On some Princess ships, like the Sun, if you don't get to the theater 45 minutes to an hour before the show, you ain't going to get a good seat. In fact, you're likely to get no seat at all ... or one directly in front of a large pole which pretty much blocks your view from the stage.

Since most shows are run multiple times, the rule I would like to see is a procedure whereby first come, first served you get one ticket per person to each show. This is advanced reserve seating. The advanced ticket holders are let in first, and then the doors are opened for general admission. This guarantees that you will get a decent seat for at least one performance of the show. Then, if you wish to see the show again, you go general admission and take your chances getting a seat.

I have a feeling some people go to a given show several times, and it is not fair that others are forced to watch the show by standing along the back wall. Everyone should have a chance to have a good seat for at least one viewing of the show without having to cool their heels in the theater for a full hour before showtime.

Just one of my pet Princess peeves. Only took one Princess cruise so far, but I have to say Holland America never had this problem.

Blue skies ...

--rita

What a GREAT Idea!!!! I'll vote for that!

Chair Hogs--no problem.

Seriously! Just move their stuff. I did it and didn't get any lip from anyone, which was a shame because I had some good rebuttals in mind. Chair hogs can't fault you. Stand up to chair hogs!!!! Throw their crap in the pool, and say, "Oops, it slipped." Everyone!

What I saw was one or two older ladies sitting between 10 or 12 prime seats with a scarf here and a hat there, ect between them claiming ALL the seats as taken..Very frustrating...

It doesn't matter. If the chair is unoccupied for 30 minutes it is up for grabs. Do not tell me that you are all afraid of a some old ladies, let alone a few hats and scarves! People hog chairs only because people let them. Why is everyone so afraid of chair hogs? Bring it on! Stop complaining and start taking seats!

It doesn't matter. If the chair is unoccupied for 30 minutes it is up for grabs. Do not tell me that you are all afraid of a some old ladies, let alone a few hats and scarves! People hog chairs only because people let them. Why is everyone so afraid of chair hogs? Bring it on! Stop complaining and start taking seats!

ummm.....well......ok....but...are you sure??????

I voted for the stricter smoking rules. But then I have asthma that is triggered by smoke, so I have a vested interest in the outcome.

Kids in the adult pool or hot tub, well I just ask them to leave. It is real simple solution. It is usually the parents that argue with me on this one, unless they are unsupervised teens. I tell if they have a problem with the rules take it up with Princess not me. I did have one teen try to tell that he was an adult, until I asked him the year of his birth. He had to count on his fingers and toes before giving me an answer. LOL. His friends were cracking up as he was trying to come up with a "correct" answer.

Lounge chairs rule. If it isn't occupied in 15 minutes it's mine. So far no problems.

Dress code. As far as I am concerned, they are just showing their lack of class in showing up without being properly attired. As long as they don't smell and their aren't indecent I don't give a rip.

Deb

On my recent Caribbean Princess cruise, there were a couple of hot tubs labelled "adult" and staff members were enforcing it.

If they had only enforced the "no saving lounge chair" rule!!

Happy sailing.

Joanie

Before you go moving my stuff off a chair keep in mind that maybe I am actually in the pool or hot tub please!!

Scott

I want to have a laminated sign made to save my chair -

IN THE POOL OR HOT TUB DO NOT MOVE MY THINGS!

P.S. I hate chair hogs and would never do it.

The dress code is almost a non-issue on Princess ships. DH and I have sailed on Princess four times and never felt that anyone's attire was inappropriate or offensive. Similarly, we noticed very few smokers on the ships and avoid areas of the ship where smoking is permitted.

A real toss-up, though, between the hot tub/adult pool and lounge chair issues. I doubt that DH or I are aggressive enough to remove personal items from a lounge chair, but we do get frustrated with the chaise situation. We usually find chairs on an upper deck - far away from the pool - but notice that many chairs "appear" to be occupied but really aren't.

Part of the reason that Princess' hot tubs are kept at a lower-than-therapeutic temperature is because children frequent them. If hot tubs were kept at an appropriate temperature, the cruise line would be liable for injuries/illness resulting from excessive water temperatures. Many hotels post warnings prohibiting the use of hot tubs by children, pregnant women, people with heart disease or high blood pressure, etc. I would like to see a similar warning on ships so that the temperature of hot tubs could be kept at an appropriate therapeutic level.

Thanks for the interesting poll.

Chris

Archived