SEPT PEARL leaving from Seattle, disembark, Vancouver ... Getting back to seattle

Shutterbug337

Have round trip plane tickets to and from Seattle...what is the cheapest way to get from Vancouver to Seattle?

Has anyone done the halibut fishing trip out of Ketch?

Which side of the ship is recommended? Have reservations on pearl for sept 18th, balcony room. Any recommendations from people who have gone?

Have round trip plane tickets to and from Seattle...what is the cheapest way to get from Vancouver to Seattle?

Which side of the ship is recommended? Have reservations on pearl for sept 18th, balcony room. Any recommendations from people who have gone?

You are excited I can tell. So were we. Went on the Pearl in September also. We used a coupon 2 for ! on the Quick shuttle and ended up only $54.00 for the two of us. That is the only question you asked that I can answer. We were in an inside room. BUT we stayed mostly in the spinnaker lounge or outside to see it all, not just one side of Alaska. Enjoy and do a search on CC and you will fine ALOT of info on the pearl and Alaska.

the cheapest is walking. Was there a timeframe or cost you were trying to fit in?

You can;

• Fly (Air Canada Jazz, Horizon Air)
  • Train (VIA/Amtrak)
  • Bus (Quickcoach, Amtrak)
  • Car Rental (many large agencies)

I have posted elsewhere, but I suggest you contact fishing vendors, and inquire your "chances" of halibut, not always available.

Be well prepared in your attire and port planning. This timeframe has the worse potential for weather and it will be dusk by 7pm.

Hopefully you have an overnight flight home from Seattle, as you can not predict delays with border crossings.

Amtrack has two trains and several buses each day. The first train leaves around 7:00 am...

In Vancouver they have two light rail lines that have a stop within a 1/2 block of the train station.

In Seattle, it is about the same distance to the local light rail to the airport.

Both bus and train are about 4 -5 hour trip. the train has business class and a dining car..

You are excited I can tell. So were we. Went on the Pearl in September also. We used a coupon 2 for ! on the Quick shuttle and ended up only $54.00 for the two of us. That is the only question you asked that I can answer. We were in an inside room. BUT we stayed mostly in the spinnaker lounge or outside to see it all, not just one side of Alaska. Enjoy and do a search on CC and you will fine ALOT of info on the pearl and Alaska.

Do you mind sharing where you found a 2 for 1 coupon for Quick Shuttle?

Do you mind sharing where you found a 2 for 1 coupon for Quick Shuttle?

I went on craigslist (hope I can say that, if not sorry) and looked up coupon for quick shuttle. I bought one for $8.00 shipped to Tennessee. In between the concern of getting the one I had paid for, I traded someone something in Canada for another coupon. So now I have two. The coupons are in the Vancouver Entertainment book, but the book is like $50.00 ?? so not worth it for just the quick shuttle coupon.

gohogs34@yahoo.com

I went on craigslist (hope I can say that, if not sorry) and looked up coupon for quick shuttle. I bought one for $8.00 shipped to Tennessee. In between the concern of getting the one I had paid for, I traded someone something in Canada for another coupon. So now I have two. The coupons are in the Vancouver Entertainment book, but the book is like $50.00 ?? so not worth it for just the quick shuttle coupon.

gohogs34@yahoo.com

Thanks for that info. I did know there was a coupon of some sort in the Entertainment book but I didn't want to buy the book for it. That would cancel out any savings. I have read that the Entertainment books sometimes drop to $10 later in the year. I won't be needing the coupon anytime soon so I will keep my eye out or perhaps I will try your method. Thanks again for the help.

Trains run early morning and late in the afternoon. It is a very beautiful trip for part of it at least, but we were so tired that we decided we couldn't wait until late in the day.

I would think that there would be rather a big drop-off for a car across international boarder.

Flying would take nearly as long (with security, etc) as the train or bus.

Which left us with the Amtrack bus which left from the train station, was quick, clean, and comfortable. And that is saying a lot from me because generally I HATE buses. You can get to the train station by a light rail across the street from the dock. A short walk, although not if you have a lot of luggage.

trains run early morning and late in the afternoon. It is a very beautiful trip for part of it at least, but we were so tired that we decided we couldn't wait until late in the day.

I would think that there would be rather a big drop-off for a car across international boarder.

Flying would take nearly as long (with security, etc) as the train or bus.

Which left us with the amtrack bus which left from the train station, was quick, clean, and comfortable. And that is saying a lot from me because generally i hate buses. You can get to the train station by a light rail across the street from the dock. A short walk, although not if you have a lot of luggage.

thanx

Archived