Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Feel like I had a walk on role in a big production. I want royalties. ;)

Helene and I are looking at another post new years cruise possibly from Cape Canaveral.

We may bring a kid or two. We'll see.

Lots of good deals that first week of the year as usual.

Helene loved the Pride but not leaving Baltimore in winter.

She felt the cruise experience must include lots of sun bathing.:p

Looking forward to your future reviews. Best to all.

You are welcome to sail with the Crazy Canucks on the Liberty next March :) I think Mike & Tracy (and their full contingent) are seriously thinking about it. Would be great to meet you!

I did come back and finish today...two glasses of pinot noir and a lots of smiles and laughter later I got to the last page and wondered if there was more?! I thoroughly enjoyed your review. The detail you shared was just intimate enough to make me feel like I was on vacation too! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation, family, pictures, experiences and your point of view with your cruise critic family. Fabulous photography! Loving you camera skills!

Best regards,

Ann

You are welcome to sail with the Crazy Canucks on the Liberty next March :) I think Mike & Tracy (and their full contingent) are seriously thinking about it. Would be great to meet you!

Thanks for the invite. DW works for school board with "spring break" being the last week of February.

We are looking at New Years or that last week in February for our next cruise.

Speaking of Spring, when the hell is it coming?

I did come back and finish today...two glasses of pinot noir and a lots of smiles and laughter later I got to the last page and wondered if there was more?! I thoroughly enjoyed your review. The detail you shared was just intimate enough to make me feel like I was on vacation too! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation, family, pictures, experiences and your point of view with your cruise critic family. Fabulous photography! Loving you camera skills!

Best regards,

Ann

Thanks again Ann, appreciate it. Mike :)

Thanks for the invite. DW works for school board with "spring break" being the last week of February.

We are looking at New Years or that last week in February for our next cruise.

Speaking of Spring, when the hell is it coming?

Oh, seems like you'll miss us by a week :( Don't worry, spring is right around the corner - wherever the corner is!

Atrium Bar

DSC_0164.jpg

We sailed on the Pride a couple weeks before you. The girl behind the bar in the dark blue shirt was one of our favorite servers on our cruise. It was so nice to see her in your photo!

Our favorite bar waiter (Hery)

CarnivalPride200.jpg

Hery was one of our favorite wandering bar waiters. (He was also our bar waiter in the MDR.) He was so good/nice, he brought a glass of marischino cherries to our 2 year old one night during dinner. :o)

Hery was one of our favorite wandering bar waiters. (He was also our bar waiter in the MDR.) He was so good/nice, he brought a glass of marischino cherries to our 2 year old one night during dinner. :o)

CarnivalPride200.jpg

He was the best of all of our cruises.

I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago and even though I never considered cruising out of Baltimore and was not intrigued with this particular itinerary, I still had to read it since it was written by Mike! Short background, I was researching reviews for the Valor a few months before our last cruise this January and read through Mike's B2B2B2B review. While reading it, I realized I had responded to one of his previous posts months before about the best way to surprise his wife with a renewal of vows, and was so glad I was able to see how it ended!

The B2B2B2B review was so great, and since I felt I knew Mike, Tracy and the family, I just had to read this review of the Pride. I have to say, Mike, you almost have me thinking about a cruise on the Pride. It is a beautiful ship; looks more like the grand ships of old. Not sure about leaving from Baltimore as we can't afford to cruise more than once in a year (and even that is a stretch), so we prefer to go during the dead of winter to give us a break until spring. [still waiting for spring here, lots of snowbanks in the shade yet and highs in the low 30's.] But if we fall into some unexpected money, I might add this cruise to my bucket list.

On a side note, want to wish you and Tracy the best of luck during this transition period in your lives. I am considering going back to school to get into a different line of work and Tracy's courage to 'start all over' in a new line of work is inspiring. I currently work in the prison system, but if you've seen the news lately, being a public servant in Wisconsin and many other US states right now is being compared to collecting a welfare check. I have over a dozen years invested in this line of work and have worked very hard to get where I am, but it might be time to make a change. Right now, if we want to take another cruise next year my husband and I both need to get part-time jobs in addition to our full-time management jobs and we already had to cancel a road trip we were planning for the fall. But, your review and personal touch in the stories you've told has reminded me it will be worth it...

I hope adding a new comment to this thread triggers more followers as it hits the front page and I hope the next few months pass by quickly so you and Tracy can get back into a new routine together soon. I am looking forward to your next review in the future!!

I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago and even though I never considered cruising out of Baltimore and was not intrigued with this particular itinerary, I still had to read it since it was written by Mike! Short background, I was researching reviews for the Valor a few months before our last cruise this January and read through Mike's B2B2B2B review. While reading it, I realized I had responded to one of his previous posts months before about the best way to surprise his wife with a renewal of vows, and was so glad I was able to see how it ended!

The B2B2B2B review was so great, and since I felt I knew Mike, Tracy and the family, I just had to read this review of the Pride. I have to say, Mike, you almost have me thinking about a cruise on the Pride. It is a beautiful ship; looks more like the grand ships of old. Not sure about leaving from Baltimore as we can't afford to cruise more than once in a year (and even that is a stretch), so we prefer to go during the dead of winter to give us a break until spring. [still waiting for spring here, lots of snowbanks in the shade yet and highs in the low 30's.] But if we fall into some unexpected money, I might add this cruise to my bucket list.

On a side note, want to wish you and Tracy the best of luck during this transition period in your lives. I am considering going back to school to get into a different line of work and Tracy's courage to 'start all over' in a new line of work is inspiring. I currently work in the prison system, but if you've seen the news lately, being a public servant in Wisconsin and many other US states right now is being compared to collecting a welfare check. I have over a dozen years invested in this line of work and have worked very hard to get where I am, but it might be time to make a change. Right now, if we want to take another cruise next year my husband and I both need to get part-time jobs in addition to our full-time management jobs and we already had to cancel a road trip we were planning for the fall. But, your review and personal touch in the stories you've told has reminded me it will be worth it...

I hope adding a new comment to this thread triggers more followers as it hits the front page and I hope the next few months pass by quickly so you and Tracy can get back into a new routine together soon. I am looking forward to your next review in the future!!

Thank you so much for your kind words and I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavours, career, vacations, etc. Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I like your reviews of the cruises you have been on. The latest is the Carnival Pride. The other one was the B2B2B2 cruises your family enjoyed.

Good story writing. The photos are very good. Tell me something! How do get your photos to show larger? Is there a size command in HTML?

We went on a cruise ourselves. We travelled on the Carnival Miracle over the Christmas and New Year's period, in 2010. I am writing a review of

my own. Here is a link to that review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361253

I like your reviews of the cruises you have been on. The latest is the Carnival Pride. The other one was the B2B2B2 cruises your family enjoyed.

Good story writing. The photos are very good. Tell me something! How do get your photos to show larger? Is there a size command in HTML?

We went on a cruise ourselves. We travelled on the Carnival Miracle over the Christmas and New Year's period, in 2010. I am writing a review of

my own. Here is a link to that review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361253

Thank you wobblyfeet. I use photobucket for my photographs and I have the choice of full size or thumb size.

Sorry It took me a while to respond back, I been busy doing some painting around the house. I finally took some time to read your review. Excellent job, I assume you are going to finish it. I noticed that the cabin was set up for 4 persons, did someone back out of the cruise.

You appeared to have gone all out for your first cruise, 3 fantastic port of call that I can't wait to visit some day. Celebrating New Year Eve onboard, the Steakhouse, the Chef's Table, etc. Mike

mike..how is tracy doing...was going to send her a card but felt a bit creepy about it..kind of like going to little kids hockey....love watching it but if you do not have somebody you know playing I feel like i might get to meet you or one of your buddies on a professional level

Hi Mike and Tracy! I know everyone else tells you this, but I feel like I'm know you by reading your reviews on here. I have thought of Tracy a lot lately, how she is realizing her dream and becoming a police officer and how she is currently away from home for training. Last week my dream came true - I was hired by Southwest Airlines to be a flight attendant! I know it is not 6 months, but on May 23rd I report to Dallas, Texas for 4 weeks of training and Tracy has inspired me that I can get through it. Thank you very much for sharing your stories on here and I look forward to hearing what's next for your family.

Good luck on all your travels, both personal and professional.

Courtney

Mike, thank you so much for the wonderful reviews! I am recovering from my second surgery since January and spending the day reading through both your reviews really lifted my spirits. I can't go on a cruise this year, but it was fun hearing about yours...and the pictures were fantastic! We were on the Valor last year so it was fun seeing those pictures. I am all ready to book a Liberty cruise for next year. You helped make me even more excited about it.

Also, I told my dd about your b2b2b2b cruise and she said she would like to marry into your family, lol! She turns 14 next month so tell Mitch to keep his options open.

Thank you for your tip. I use tumblr for my pictures and ucruise for the videos and slideshows.

Unfortunately, I have been suffering from a reoccurring chest infection which is knocking me out physically. This has made it tough to concentrate and work on the review.

Yes, I do intent indeed to finish my review, and to eventually publish a book version of this review, with some additional anecdotes and more details, later this year. I

believe that this has some value as a published work. I have been looking into those self-publishing websites, such as lulu, for information.

mike..how is tracy doing...was going to send her a card but felt a bit creepy about it..kind of like going to little kids hockey....love watching it but if you do not have somebody you know playing I feel like i might get to meet you or one of your buddies on a professional level

Tracy has completed 8 weeks out of 25 weeks. She is very busy all the time, I get an average of two 10 minute calls a week from her. Unfortunately she has been to busy to reply and thank the people who have sent her cards and therefore I would like to thank them on her behalf. I hoping that after a while she will be able to visit this site and thank them personally. Mike

By the way I got a call from staffing and they offered Tracy and I a posting in the Fredericton area when she graduates. We're happy that we don't have to leave New Brunswick. :)

Edited by MikeyA53

Hi Mike and Tracy! I know everyone else tells you this, but I feel like I'm know you by reading your reviews on here. I have thought of Tracy a lot lately, how she is realizing her dream and becoming a police officer and how she is currently away from home for training. Last week my dream came true - I was hired by Southwest Airlines to be a flight attendant! I know it is not 6 months, but on May 23rd I report to Dallas, Texas for 4 weeks of training and Tracy has inspired me that I can get through it. Thank you very much for sharing your stories on here and I look forward to hearing what's next for your family.

Good luck on all your travels, both personal and professional.

Courtney

Thank you Courtney and all the best to you. Good luck with your training. Mike

Mike, thank you so much for the wonderful reviews! I am recovering from my second surgery since January and spending the day reading through both your reviews really lifted my spirits. I can't go on a cruise this year, but it was fun hearing about yours...and the pictures were fantastic! We were on the Valor last year so it was fun seeing those pictures. I am all ready to book a Liberty cruise for next year. You helped make me even more excited about it.

Also, I told my dd about your b2b2b2b cruise and she said she would like to marry into your family, lol! She turns 14 next month so tell Mitch to keep his options open.

Thank you hayesktrm, hope your feeling better soon. We are hoping to either book Liberty or Miracle next year so you never know the kids might just meet someday. :)

Tracy has completed 8 weeks out of 25 weeks. She is very busy all the time, I get an average of two 10 minute calls a week from her. Unfortunately she has been to busy to reply and thank the people who have sent her cards and therefore I would like to thank them on her behalf. I hoping that after a while she will be able to visit this site and thank them personally. Mike

By the way I got a call from staffing and they offered Tracy and I a posting in the Fredericton area when she graduates. We're happy that we don't have to leave New Brunswick. :)

Great news!!

Congrats!!

Thank you for your tip. I use tumblr for my pictures and ucruise for the videos and slideshows.

Unfortunately, I have been suffering from a reoccurring chest infection which is knocking me out physically. This has made it tough to concentrate and work on the review.

Yes, I do intent indeed to finish my review, and to eventually publish a book version of this review, with some additional anecdotes and more details, later this year. I

believe that this has some value as a published work. I have been looking into those self-publishing websites, such as lulu, for information.

Get well soon. Looking forward to the rest of your review. Mike

• 4 weeks later...

My computer is unfortunately having some trouble loading this thread, so I haven't had a chance to read your entire review so far. My family is considering this same cruise for next January (2012), and the main thing I am concerned about is the weather--could you speak briefly to that? I will try to go back and read more of the thread when I can; thanks!

My computer is unfortunately having some trouble loading this thread, so I haven't had a chance to read your entire review so far. My family is considering this same cruise for next January (2012), and the main thing I am concerned about is the weather--could you speak briefly to that? I will try to go back and read more of the thread when I can; thanks!

We probably won't be cruising at that time of year again unless we are leaving from Florida. We had a lot of fun but very little warm weather. The best we had was about 75 degrees and cloudy while in Nassau.