2 different Emerald Princess questions please...

SJ27

Hi all, first cruise still way too long away :D Baltics in June/July.

I have 2 completely different questions to ask:

- firstly, what plug points are provided in the rooms? We are from SA and our chargers etc are all the European 2-prong plugs, will we be able to use them or do we need adaptors?

- secondly I see you can make requests re "special occasions" that take place within a certain timeframe around the cruise. It is my birthday just before we go - if I do indeed ask for a 'celebration' - what do they do??

Thanks all

PS How do you all get those cruise countdown things on your signatures? I can't find them anywhere!! :o:o

secondly I see you can make requests re "special occasions" that take place within a certain timeframe around the cruise. It is my birthday just before we go - if I do indeed ask for a 'celebration' - what do they do??

:o:o

1) The room steward will tape a few "Happy Birthday" balloons outside

your cabin.

2) You will get an oversized cupcake in the dining room

with a single candle.

3) Your waiter, and a few from near-by wait stations will sing happy birthday when the cupcake is delivered.

3a) [optional] Other passengers will applaud when the singing ends.

This is either to congratulate you, or simply because the singing ended.

4) You will look back on it and think "That's all, Princess?!??!"

- firstly, what plug points are provided in the rooms? We are from SA and our chargers etc are all the European 2-prong plugs, will we be able to use them or do we need adaptors?

The plugs will be the USA type and the electricity will be 60 cycle 120 V.

1) The room steward will tape a few "Happy Birthday" balloons outside

your cabin.

2) You will get an oversized cupcake in the dining room

with a single candle.

3) Your waiter, and a few from near-by wait stations will sing happy birthday when the cupcake is delivered.

3a) [optional] Other passengers will applaud when the singing ends.

This is either to congratulate you, or simply because the singing ended.

4) You will look back on it and think "That's all, Princess?!??!"

LOL! So in other words to avoid embarrassment I should rather not put the request in! :D

PS How do you all get those cruise countdown things on your signatures? I can't find them anywhere!! :o:o

Click on "Countdown Clocks" in the box showing Cruise Critic at the top of this page. You can then follow the instructions on how to make a countdown clock through your user CP.

Here is a photo of the plugs so you know exactly what they look like:

Outlet3.jpg

The bathroom has a different kind of plug, including the 230v 2-prong plug but it's rated for shavers only. If you use something that draws more power, you could blow the circuit.

Outlet1.jpg

Thanks all.

Pam, it is a long time travelling trick to use those shaver plugs for charging cellphones :) but we do have adaptors for the American style plugs so will bring those. Both our camera battery and cellphone chargers work on both 110V and 220V in recognition of our globalised world so voltage isn't a problem. Can't think we would need plugs for anything else? Or is there something this newbie has forgotten about?

Pablo, I live in Cape Town from where Hermanus is a favourite weekend getaway spot! I'll be sure to listen out for a familiar accent!

Archived