cruising from boston in october, question

redhydra

hi, i have a question

i saw a cruise to nowhere offered by norwegian down on october leaving from boston

what do you think of cruising from boston in october, i am to expect lots of wind or bad weather? i ask because i heard that in the atlantic, weather can get rought and shake the boat

thanks for any imput you can provide

On average it is in the mid 60s as a high in Boston in October and mid 40s as the low, so it will likely be cool in the nighttime and morning and warm up some in the afternoon. Boston is prone to wind and being on the ocean it will feel chillier than the actual temperature. It is also hurricane season, so stormy weather/rough seas are possible, but there may be smooth sailing - just no way to predict on any given week what the weather and seas will be like. If cold weather and/or rough seas would ruin the trip I would not recommend a cruise out of Boston in October.

hi, i have a question

i saw a cruise to nowhere offered by norwegian down on october leaving from boston

what do you think of cruising from boston in october, i am to expect lots of wind or bad weather? i ask because i heard that in the atlantic, weather can get rought and shake the boat

thanks for any imput you can provide

Never try to predict weather in Boston, especially in October and note that it is still hurricane season. Be prepared for anything and everything. But check the the 1-day forecast before you leave.

Sailing from Boston can be a little tricky, weather wise. Three times we've sailed from the area and only once was the weather great, going and coming. Seas were not rough but there was a nip in the air (meaning a jacket was needed during the warmest part of the day).

I've lived in Boston all my life and can tell you there is no way to know for sure how cool or windy it might be. You don't say if the cruise is October 1 or October 31 and that, of course, could make a difference.

There are some years we have 'Indian Summer' and the weather is glorious. You won't be swimming but you well could sit out at an outdoor pool to read and/or relax in your jeans.

If everything about the cruise appeals to you, go for it. The chances are very good it'll work out fine.

It's the luck of the draw. By definition a cruise to nowhere is 1 -2 days. It's all about enjoying the ship b/c you probably aren't going to be able to do any water based outdoor activities. If the weather is calm, great. It may rain & you'll be inside but that can still be fun. This is not a lay by the pool & get some sun trip.

Archived