Currency conversion on board

dledak

If you can pre purchase before you leave home you should get a much better rate.

We always prefer to take a small amount of foreign currency with us as the rate you will get on board or at the pier is always a rip off. If you need extra use an A T M.

It's not a reasonable exchange rate. I rarely get local currency and when I do, I order it online and pick it up at my local branch of Bank of America. If I need more, I can go to an ATM machine. If I have leftover, I either save it for another trip or turn it in at the Pursars Desk towards my onboard account. Even though the exchange rate is poor, by the time I get home, to the bank and get it exchanged back into $, not to mention another change fee, it's just easier to apply it to my onboard account.

If you are flying into the country where you'll need the money, the airports usually have ATM machines at current exchange rates. That's something to consider.

In 2009, they publish the US$ - Euro rates in both directions. I figured out that if you gave then $100 converted to Euros and then converted the Euros back, you would hav $77. Use an ATM in port

Did that include the $3.50 transaction fee each time?

If I have leftover, I either save it for another trip or turn it in at the Pursars Desk towards my onboard account. Even though the exchange rate is poor, by the time I get home, to the bank and get it exchanged back into $, not to mention another change fee, it's just easier to apply it to my onboard account.

that is a good idea Pam, I never thought of that, thanks

Hi fellow cruise critics.

Can anyone tell us whether the exchange rate of currency on board Princess cruises is reasonable or should we wait to arrival in port.

Thanks,

dledak

I just looked at your itinerary and the only other currency you would need might be U.S. dollars. That you should get at home.

Archived