Luggage Valet in San Juan?

mysparky

We were on AOS 2 years ago and, at that time, they offered the luggage valet program in San Juan. However, I was just on the RC website and it doesn't show that San Juan is one of the ports that offers this service. We'll be on Serenade this April and want to figure out our plans when we disembark since our flight doesn't leave until that evening.

Can anyone confirm that the service is/isn't available in San Juan?

Thank you.

We were on AOS 2 years ago and, at that time, they offered the luggage valet program in San Juan. However, I was just on the RC website and it doesn't show that San Juan is one of the ports that offers this service. We'll be on Serenade this April and want to figure out our plans when we disembark since our flight doesn't leave until that evening.

Can anyone confirm that the service is/isn't available in San Juan?

Thank you.

Yes, Luggage Valet in San has been discontinued.

Another cruiser recently returned and said the program was not offered. You may want to consider the Barrachina which is a restaurant that offers luggage storage for only the price of a tip for the person manning the room. When you get out of the cruise terminal just tell the person coordinating the taxis that you want to go to the Barrachina. They will know exaclty what you want.

Here is the website where you can read about it.

http://www.barrachina.com

Just got off the Serenade no luggage sevice

in SJ

That's a bummer. We used it for the first time in Miami this past January and not having to schlep your luggage all around was fantastic and worth every penny of the $20. I hope they can start it back up in San Juan by next January.

• 1 month later...

Mrsd2fan

could you give me more information about this program?, where is the hotel? how did you get there? do they have a pool? beach?, did you take a taxi from hotel to airport and what was the cost? We are cruising on the Adven. of Sea docking at 6am and have all day in San Juan (flight leaves at 7:50pm) and are trying to find something to do with our luggage for the day while we do a self tour, but having a place to change and shower before heading for the airport would be great. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciate

thanks

deb

We stayed at the Stellaris. It was a great hotel and about 15 minutes from the Terminal and airport. They also offer day rooms if available but you will have to call that morning. You can use the facilities, like the beach, pool, etc. We were quoted $45.00 per person and they will store your luggage. Check out is at 11:00 am so you may be lucky enough to get a room to shower being that most Spring Breaks will be over. I am not sure if they have other shower facilites available other than inside the rooms. There are a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and a Walgreens if you need to stock up on any snacks for the flight home. Oh the taxi from the cruise terminal to the hotel is $15 plus $1 per bag. The same goes for the airport.

I have the question in the opposite. On date of departure out flight gets in at noon, but the ship doesn't leave until 8:30 PM. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but can you go from the airport to the port and check in that early? We'd love to ditch the luggage with RCL then head into Old SJ. Group of 11....

I have the question in the opposite. On date of departure out flight gets in at noon, but the ship doesn't leave until 8:30 PM. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but can you go from the airport to the port and check in that early? We'd love to ditch the luggage with RCL then head into Old SJ. Group of 11....

Yes you can. Check in usually begins around 11:30AM. Cabins are usually ready for access after 1PM so you can drop things off and then leave the ship making sure that you are back on board 30 minutes prior to departure.

Archived