when is the earliest time to embark to Coral at Vancouver

tobecool

As the title listed, we want to know when is the earliest time we can embark the ship at vancouver? Our ship is sailing, I think, at 4:00pm or 4:30pm, but we'll be arrive the city 10:00am.

I'm coming from a different perspective and only a suggestion, but Vancouver is a wonderful touring city, filled with many interesting opportunities. :) Ship embarkments, may be by noon.

I can't help equating it to my experience last week coming into Honolulu. People lined up and sitting around, waiting to get on the ship at 9am. :) The week prior, I was out snorkeling and walked right on the ship, with no lines after 2pm. :)

The baggage porters at Canada Place will start accepting luggage about 10 am, Princess normally starts boarding at about 11:30 however they start the check-in procedures about 10;30. Having said all that we have just received notice from Princess that they are going to start a new or at least experiment with a new procedure this spring where they are going to board by deck and you are assigned a certain time to arrive. Platinum and Elite members can arrive whenever they wish. So stay tuned.

Boarding by assigned time? I hope Princess lets us know soon. Our group is taking a southbound Coral Princess cruise on June 25, 2011. Our transportation from Anchorage gets us to Whittier at 11:45am that morning. Some of us are taking the 26 Glacier tour but others wanted to board the ship early...if Princess assigns times they may have to stand around for a long time. If this is the case, I'm sure all our group would prefer to take the glacier tour with the rest of us (not much to do in Whittier). Does anyone have any further info about this?

Boarding by assigned time? I hope Princess lets us know soon. Our group is taking a southbound Coral Princess cruise on June 25, 2011. Our transportation from Anchorage gets us to Whittier at 11:45am that morning. Some of us are taking the 26 Glacier tour but others wanted to board the ship early...if Princess assigns times they may have to stand around for a long time. If this is the case, I'm sure all our group would prefer to take the glacier tour with the rest of us (not much to do in Whittier). Does anyone have any further info about this?

In Whittier you can certainly board by 11:45 (I believe it's 11:00 - I did a b2b on the Coral last year). There's no way Princess is going to not allow people to board whenever they arrive (for precisely the reason you describe), though I can see that they may have a priority line if you arrive at an assigned time.

The last time we arrived in Vancouver, it took us over an hour to get through customs. If you are arriving from out of the country, be sure to take time to get through customs into account in your planning.

The Op was asking how early they could board the Coral Princess.

Archived