How formal does it have to be?

We're sailing on the Allure next month. So, starting to get a packing list together and trying to decide what to wear. DH and I are not into dressing up, like never...well only for weddings and funerals. And for DH, dressy is Dockers a shirt and tie. Will this be acceptable?? We are planning on dining at 150 Central Park and Giovanni's. Thanks for your help!

I sailed Allure in Jan. We had 20 in our group. On formal nights some men wore sports coat with no tie; some had ties. One wore a dress shirt with no tie. Some women had pant suits; some had dresses. Hope this helps

We're sailing on the Allure next month. So, starting to get a packing list together and trying to decide what to wear. DH and I are not into dressing up, like never...well only for weddings and funerals. And for DH, dressy is Dockers a shirt and tie. Will this be acceptable?? We are planning on dining at 150 Central Park and Giovanni's. Thanks for your help!

Yes.

Wow! You are lucky thus far. The dress code police haven't found your post yet. :)

You should be fine without being too dressy. Some people may look down at you, but those same people will drown if it rains on your cruise. Enjoy your cruise.

There will be all manner of dress on "formal" nights from long sparkly gowns and formal men suits to comfortable casual wear. I saw many women on formal nights wearing comfortable slacks and tops and men wearing dress khaki's and polo tops. I was envious that they were much more comfortable then I was those nights. I just may skip the formal night attire on my next cruise. There are no rules that you have to be in formal attire. It is just a suggestion/recommendation if you choose to participate in a more formal atmosphere those evenings. Have fun on your cruise.

Archived