Where to stay in Fort Lauderdale

dancechick99

Have you tried priceline? If not, priceline is where you bid for your hotel room. Please go to www.biddingfortravel.com for a full explaination of how it works.

I did bid for the first time on priceline for my pre-cruise night in Ft. Lauderdale for my cruise last month. It took me a few times before my bid was accepted, but I bid 3* downtown Ft. Lauderdale and got my bid accepted at the Marriott Hotel and Marina for $52. For me, it was well worth it.

Thanks but I dont like the idea of not knowing which hotel I may get and being stuck with the one I got. I bid on one a few years ago In Atlantic City before I knew that was how it worked then tried frantically to retract my bid. The guy said he would try but couldnt do it. Luckily the bid was not accepted.

If you don't want to try priceline, I can highly recommend Embassy Suites, Doubletree's, Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and, of course, Marriott Hotel and Marina. Hope this helps.

I can understand how you would feel, I felt the same way, but was delighted when I recieved the Marriott.

If you want, try bidding 4* beach zone, from how I understand it, Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is the only hotel that participates in priceline. Most people are getting this hotel for around $80, which is good.

If not, then I hope the hotels I recommended to you are helpful to you.

Yes I would like to know as well. I have been trying to get the Hyatt on Priceline for 2 weeks now for late July and am having no luck at that price range! Even turned me down for $95!

Horizon

Majesty of the Seas

Grandeur of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Grand Princess

Voyager of the Seas

Please don't get discouraged. I started bidding last July for my pre-cruise stay in March. I was rejected each time, then I bid on 9/30/03, bingo, got my bid accepted at $52 for the Marriott, so keep trying, don't get discouraged. Please let us know when and if your bid is accepted.

Has anyone stayed at the Airport Courtyard? They do have a shuttle to the port, to and from the airport, and do allow you to leave your car. The Marriott Marina would be first choice, but parking is $12 per day.

I can't say if it is a great hotel or not but it looks good and sounds good. We are staying at Embassy Suites In Fort Lauderdale in May. Everything we have heard has been positive about it. They also have a cooked to order breakfast every morning and drinks every night.

Hey, I just got 2 rooms at the Hyatt on Priceline for $85 each. This is for late July...hope we got a good deal! icon_cool.gif

Horizon

Majesty of the Seas

Grandeur of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Grand Princess

Voyager of the Seas

We just got back in Jan from staying 3 day pre cruise in FLL. Got Hyatt for $80 on priceline but the experience was a disaster. Our room smelled musty, the front desk staff was rude when we asked for a room change. The manager finally stepped in and straighted things out. We wish we had gone with our original choice of the Raddison Marina. We stayed there 2 years ago and had a great experience. I know they give the older rooms to priceline people but my husband has allergeries and sneezed all night.

Next time we go we will be staying farther down the road by the beach it seems easier to walk places.

Sea Princess 2000

Grandeur of the Seas 2001

Infinity 2002

Exployer of the Seas 2003

Radiance of the Seas 2004

upcoming Adventure of Seas Jan. 2005

Oh dear, hope we didn't mak a mistake, everyone in the past has raved about this hotel. Well, it's just for one night...I'll have to call Hyatt anyway as we want non-smoking, King size, so perhaps I can request the 'Tower'? icon_eek.gif

Horizon

Majesty of the Seas

Grandeur of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Grand Princess

Voyager of the Seas

Hiicon_smile.gif I stayed at the Hyatt back in January...it was very nice.

Gradelady..I see you booked through Priceline. Normally those rooms are overlooking the garden/marina area. You can request the tower....see what happens.

I had a problem as well, but it was taken care of...I would stay there againicon_smile.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

• 1 month later...

Archived