LAX to San Pedro

jr4243

Booked on Golden Princess Hawaii cruise 13th April 2011. We will be arriving at LAX from Las Vegas at 8am on 13th. Plan to use Prime Time or Super Shuttle to get to San Pedro. What time should I plan to leave airport to get to pier for about 10-30 to 11-00am? I believe I should be able to get rid of bags and check in by then. Any advice please.

If your flight arrives on time and you are checking luggage, plan on leaving the airport around 8:45-9:00AM. If you are taking a shared shuttle, you really don't have to have reservations for a specific time on SuperShuttle or Primetime. Just go to the curb where they have the shuttles and tell the staff person there where you are going. They will put you on a shuttle. You may drop other passengers off on the way (up to 3 stops per shuttle). If so, it can take 1-1 1/2 hours to get to San Pedro. If you are lucky enough to have no other stops (for example if everyone on your shuttle is going to the cruise terminal), it takes about 30 minutes.

We were going to use super shuttle (or like service) and their price was outrageous compared to just a regular taxi. An average fare from LAX to San Pedro is $59 (that is what they advertised), when we took it it was exactly $59 from pier to our terminal. It maybe worth looking into!

We were going to use super shuttle (or like service) and their price was outrageous compared to just a regular taxi. An average fare from LAX to San Pedro is $59 (that is what they advertised), when we took it it was exactly $59 from pier to our terminal. It maybe worth looking into!

I just looked up the price on Supershuttle, in a shared van from LAX to Terminal Island, $29 for the first pax and $9 for the second. Also look for a coupon for Primetime

Also pre-booked a shuttle ride in January for the Golden Princess going to the Crown Plaza in San Pedro. Used an Entertainment book discount and price was $15 p/p plus tip if you wanted to add it on. Had to wait 30 minutes or so fo the van to fill but we were the first ones dropped off. Would definitely use them again.

We had problems with our Prime Time booking recently on both our pickup from home and from the port. They missed up on both ends (sent the driver to the other end). If you don't have a reservation, it may be better just to jump on which ever shuttle is there. There were many passengers who were trying to get a ride w/o reservations at the port (I felt sorry for their curbside rep who had to deal with several problems from screwed up reservations -- not just ours -- as well as get vehicles for unreserved passengers), and they had a wait from PT. Don't know if it was better with SS.

Archived