Epic Questions

springclean02

We are going on the Western Epic Cruise and have some questions.

1. I heard one night there is a "formal dinner" or lobster "seafood" dinner. What night is that ?

2. Which side of the ship is best to on to see the city while at port ? We have a normal balconey. Any floor or area better then other either ?

3. I see we can buy tickets to posh but have to do that quick. How quick do they usally sell out ? (we land in FLL at 10:30)

4. I am able to bring on soda or other mixers on the ship ? I know alcohol is not allowed but didnt know about soda or what happens if you get caught with soda ?

5. Any suggestions for things to do in the Western ports of call ? We are not interested in zipline but anything else we are game. (we are in our early 30's)

6. Is there an easy way to get upgrade to maybe a del bal or better room ?

7. Our T.A didnt mention that NCL or the epic did anything for hooneymooners. Is that true ?

8. Is it best to pre-pay for the gratuties

9. From what i see also that the only charge for room service is if you hve pizza. (and thats $5) otherwise everything else is free correct ?

10. We went on a cruise many years ago and they use to have a midnight buffett. Do they still do this ?

11. I saw mention that there is a dart board on ship. Is this plastic tip or stell ?

12. We have a flight into FLL. Is SAS transportation the best option ?

I know this is a big list of questions. But thanks for you help !

Will answer what I know

1. I heard one night there is a "formal dinner" or lobster "seafood" dinner. What night is that ? Either monday or tuesday. It was tuesday back in July, but recently I've been hearing monday. it's not formal, it's "dress up or not" and the lobster & fish meal isn't worth scheduling around

2. Which side of the ship is best to on to see the city while at port ? We have a normal balconey. Any floor or area better then other either ? The city is behind the ship, so an aft balcony would be best for a city view. The port side is best for departure by far. You see the inland water way, the expensive island homes, miami beach, etc. On the starboard you see the terminal. IMO, higher is better. Try to get above 9 to take the lifeboats out of your view more

3. I see we can buy tickets to posh but have to do that quick. How quick do they usally sell out ? (we land in FLL at 10:30)

4. I am able to bring on soda or other mixers on the ship ? I know alcohol is not allowed but didnt know about soda or what happens if you get caught with soda ? No problem bringing soda on board. Slap a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters.

5. Any suggestions for things to do in the Western ports of call ? We are not interested in zipline but anything else we are game. (we are in our early 30's) Check the ports of call boards for more info. We went with Victor Bodden Tours for their "zip and dip" where we did their zipline, played with the monkeys, then went to a gorgeous beach with a private driver. On Costa Maya we booked Maya Chan resort but never got there. On Cozumel we just walked around, shopped and drank cheap beer. :)

6. Is there an easy way to get upgrade to maybe a del bal or better room ? Some people get an upsell call before their cruise, but there's no guaranteed way, or even good way, to ensure an upgrade without just paying for it

7. Our T.A didnt mention that NCL or the epic did anything for hooneymooners. Is that true ? Beats me. Been 19 years since I've been one.

8. Is it best to pre-pay for the gratuties There's no reason to prepay unless you don't have a credit card to pay at the end.

9. From what i see also that the only charge for room service is if you hve pizza. (and thats $5) otherwise everything else is free correct ? Yes. Not sure if you can order soda or beer, but if you can there will be a charge for that

10. We went on a cruise many years ago and they use to have a midnight buffett. Do they still do this ? No. You can get room service or eat at O'Sheehans 24/7

11. I saw mention that there is a dart board on ship. Is this plastic tip or stell ? Dunno

12. We have a flight into FLL. Is SAS transportation the best option ? Dunno this either. Suggest checking the ports board

I know this is a big list of questions. But thanks for you help !

3) You can purchase from Guest Services as soon as you board ship $59 pp.

7) Nothing for honeymooners unless you purchase something through "bon voyage" on NCL website here is the link http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

It's $135 and not worth it. It used to beI think $79

11) The darts are plastic and it's an arcade type of dart board you swipe your card and charge goes to ob acct, its auto scoring. It's located across from O'sheehans there are also some other arcade type games as well as a couple pool tables

12) Yes SAS is the best they have have bunch of vans that constantly run through terminal, I think it was either 12 or 15 pp to Fort Lauderdale, we used them in Jan. You will either have to make a reservation or call as soon as you pick up your luggage and they will be there in a matter of minutes and he'll advise where to meet the van, I think it was just outside terminal on the median.

1. I heard one night there is a "formal dinner" or lobster "seafood" dinner. What night is that ? Monday was Lobster night came with red snapper, it was just okay quality. Dress up or not is the first at sea day, other sea days tend have more "formal" dress.

2. Which side of the ship is best to on to see the city while at port ? We have a normal balconey. Any floor or area better then other either ? Port side would be better, we had starboard location and only faced the city in one port for western.

3. I see we can buy tickets to posh but have to do that quick. How quick do they usally sell out ? (we land in FLL at 10:30) Did not do this nor felt we needed too, have more fun with the band and DJ.

4. I am able to bring on soda or other mixers on the ship ? I know alcohol is not allowed but didnt know about soda or what happens if you get caught with soda ? We brought on a 12 pack of Coke Zero our second week no questions from security. We brought on two bottles of wine and payed the corkage fee was well worth the experience. Even though we brought normal size bottles the NCL person said we could have brought the larger ones on for the same $15 charge.

5. Any suggestions for things to do in the Western ports of call ? We are not interested in zipline but anything else we are game. (we are in our early 30's). Scuba and snorkel are fun, small village near Costa Mya had inexpensive cab ride, very nice beaches, and very inexpensive massages on the beach.

6. Is there an easy way to get upgrade to maybe a del bal or better room ?

7. Our T.A didnt mention that NCL or the epic did anything for hooneymooners. Is that true ? Nothing special available for honeymooners, a couple did get married in port and had some special attention from the crew.

8. Is it best to pre-pay for the gratuties - No real need to pre-pay unless you do not have enough credit available on card. You may want to tip some crew members who provide service that exceeded your expecations.

9. From what i see also that the only charge for room service is if you hve pizza. (and thats $5) otherwise everything else is free correct ? Pizza is $5 and can be delivered almost anywhere on the ship (not just your room). It is customary to tip a dollar or two for room service but there is no charge for most items (liquor and some special items excluded).

10. We went on a cruise many years ago and they use to have a midnight buffett. Do they still do this ? Did not see a midnight buffet they do not a place to set it up. O Sheehans has 24 hour service and room service is also available for 24 hours.

11. I saw mention that there is a dart board on ship. Is this plastic tip or stell ? Not sure if its still there it would be plastic tip though.

12. We have a flight into FLL. Is SAS transportation the best option ? We used SAS and it was $15 per person. They will pick-up from FLL or a FLL hotels. They do not go to Miami airport. The service was good and they were right on time. Would use them again.

I know this is a big list of questions. But thanks for you help

Archived