Princess to hawaii

jimpod

You can Google Ave Rain fall on various Islands, but Hilo Hawaii, your first and most 'rainy' port ave 15in for Nov and that is the highest month of the year. It gets over 120in a year. Nov also has about 33% chance of sunny days for Nov.

So yes, Nov is rainier and cloudier than other months, but Hawaii, especially the Big Island is tropical and rain is very common. The other ports of call are mainly on the Leeward side of the islands and catch less rain. For example, Honolulu, your next port after Hilo ave only 2in or so in Nov and averages 20in for the year.

These are all averages and I think you could get to Hilo on the 'driest' months and it still has a chance of almost 50% chance of raining.

We loved our Hawaii cruise on the Golden. We did it in Jan and had great weather in all ports. The cruise the week before missed two ports due to rain, and bad wx for tendering or tying up at a pier.

My recommendation is since there is No Way of knowing the wx, go for it, bring an umbrella and smocks and just enjoy. Its not cold, rainy wx.

Den

We went to Hawaii in November for our honeymoon and there was some rain in the two islands we went to, Oahu and Kauai. My first time in Hawaii, also a land visit, was in late February/early March and it was pouring when we were in Kauai. In fact, the helicopter tour that was to be there, as part of our package tour, was cancelled because of the weather, and was instead over Maui.

For our two cruises to Hawaii, both around the holidays, the first time there was absolutely no rain. Two months ago, there was a lot of humidity and we had rain in Honolulu and felt a few drops in Hilo. Our main rain was the first couple of days of the cruise, leaving LA, where a major rainstorm (about 7 days straight) was just ending.

Hawaii just tends to be a rainy place, naturally. That's one reason it's so beautiful.

We went on this cruise in November - December of 2010. When we arrived in Hilo, sun was out... Kauai was a bit of mixed bag, Honolulu was hot and Maui was perfect!

It is a great cruise and I enjoyed the weather in the islands... Just a bit of rain in Kauai, but nothing big. We loved this cruise so much, we are going back next Thanksgiving!

Archived