Earliest flight home out of Miami?

booboo925

So I booked my flights months ago, and at the time my departure from Miami back to cold NJ was at 1:00pm. In the past 2 months, American has slowly creeped my flight up, so that it now leaves Miami at 11am. Am I going to be able to make this flight?

I had booked round trip transfers via Carnival, and just went to look at my documents (after the latest flight time change) and the return transfer now says that my flight is outside of their operating hours.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I think the airlines needs to fix your flight home since it's their change! I had a 12:00 noon flight out of Miami and I wouldn't have wanted it to be any earlier. Kind of stressful. Carnival will get you off quick but what if your held up clearing customs or getting to the airport? Not much time for any hang ups!

:(

We did an 11am flight and had plenty of time. We did do the self-debark so we were off the ship really early and had plenty of time to spare at the airport. We noticed that a bit later the security lines looked really long but we got to the airport by around 8:30am and it wasnt' too bad, though. Mostly we had a long, boring wait sitting at the gate.

Carnival's official earliest fight time from Miami is 11:30 so 11am isn't that far off.

vacruiser - thanks for the reply...did you use Carnival's transfer service or cab it to the airport? I am thinking I am going to just cancel the transfer and do the cab thing...

Cancel the transfer and you'll save both time and money :cool:; a taxi from POM to MIA is about a 15 minute ride, no waiting for others to fill up the bus or unload, and costs a flat rate of $24+tip (for the cab, not per person). As long as you are off the ship and lcear of customs/immigration with your bags by 8:30 (before 9:00 at the latest) you should be okay for an 11:00 AM flight.

Good luck! :)

I think the airlines needs to fix your flight home since it's their change! I had a 12:00 noon flight out of Miami and I wouldn't have wanted it to be any earlier. Kind of stressful. Carnival will get you off quick but what if your held up clearing customs or getting to the airport? Not much time for any hang ups!

:(

The airline will never do anything about this as the change in schedule is not a significant (from the airlines POV) change.

11:00am is no problem as long as you leave the ship with all your things, we have had no trouble being off the Carnival ships in Miami around 7:30 our last few cruises, although we are platinum and that might help somewhat. I know there are some instances in ports where fog or international cruisers can cause some delays so there are no promises to early debarkation.

vacruiser - thanks for the reply...did you use Carnival's transfer service or cab it to the airport? I am thinking I am going to just cancel the transfer and do the cab thing...

No, we couldn't use Carnival's service due to the early flight time. We walked out and easily caught a cab. If I remember correctly, it's a flat $24 rate to the airport.

So I booked my flights months ago, and at the time my departure from Miami back to cold NJ was at 1:00pm. In the past 2 months, American has slowly creeped my flight up, so that it now leaves Miami at 11am. Am I going to be able to make this flight?

I had booked round trip transfers via Carnival, and just went to look at my documents (after the latest flight time change) and the return transfer now says that my flight is outside of their operating hours.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1:00 is the earliest they recommend, but I am in the same boat. We started at 1:30 and are now at 12:15. I think you will have enough time . Just be sure to let the desk know that you have an early flight so they can get you on the first round out the door. Also, you would be wise to carry out your luggage as this will cut a step for you.

Archived