Need Help with Itinerary in Juneau - Tracy Arm tour or ...??

2happytx

We have booked our first alaska cruise with HAL this upcoming July. Our northbound cruise ship will arrive in Juneau at 8 AM and the ship will not depart until 10.30 PM. I have done some research via this site and few others about ideas for spending a day in Juneau.

Looks like the most interesting is to take a day tour to Tracy Arm Fjord. We are very interested but looks like most of the tours (if not all) that we found in internet will depart between 8-8.30 so we're not so sure if we'll have enough time. Can anyone provide input on this?

If this doesn't work out, our second option is probably to go to see Mendenhall Glacier and spend some time in downtown Juneau....

Thanks in advance! :)

Give Adventure Bound a call. They often run two boats to Tracy Arm. We went on this a couple of years ago and caught the second boat that left at 9 AM. If there is demand, they often run two tours. He gave us his cell phone # so we could call when we got in port. We were on the Statendam and docked near the parking garage. Adventure Bound was not too far from there. We loved the tour! Here is a link.

http://www.adventureboundalaska.com/index.html

When I did the Adventure Bound excursion last June (was sailing on the Oosterdam), Steve waited for some passengeres off the Ryndam that docked at 8 AM. We didn't leave the dock until about 8:50 AM. So, I'd say, call them. FYI. the Adventure Bound excursion was my BEST excursion in my 4 (soon to be 5 :D) cruises to Alaska! (Sorry, Michelle, you are numbers 2 and 3!!:p)

I agree, give Adventure Bound a call and tell them your plans. When I went out with them last Aug I also had an 8am arrival and was booked on the 9am boat. Made sure I was the first one off the crusie ship and headed down to the dock, turns out Capt Steve was waiting for me with the 8am tour. I boarded about 8:15-8:20 and they took off as soon as I was aboard.

It was a fantastic tour, do a search and you will find my Tracy Arm photo album. This was my second trip with Adventure ABound and love them

Tracy Arm isn't the only great excursion out of Juneau. Many like the whale watches and the Helicopter flights. We looked over all of our options and we ended up choosing Tracy Arm. Experiencing breathtaking scenery is always our favorite activity on vacations. Others we traveled with either did whale watching or helicopter landings on a glacier. We all loved our day in Juneau. For us, the Tracy Arm Fjord trip was our favorite outing on our 18 day trip to Vancouver and Alaska. I felt like I was in paradise, even though it was a cold, raw, rainy day. I do think it is well worth it for those who love being on water and in the midst of gorgeous scenery. When I was making my decision and posting for help on this forum, someone suggested I go for Tracy Arm since few ships are in port long enough to take advantage of it. Their theory was if I came back to Alaska, I might not have time to include it the next time. Made sense to me, and we were not disappointed.

Since you are going in July, Adventure Bound will most likely run an 8:00 a.m. and a 9:00 a.m. tour. As already suggested, just call them. You definitely have time if your ship docks at 8:00 a.m. Get in line at the gangplank about 7:45 a.m. and quickly make your way to their office. They do like you to be there at 8:30 a.m. for the 9:00 a.m. boat.

Archived