Just Back

Tink3

Just returned Satruday from the Celebrity Summit. The staff on this ship was wonderful but we did have a few problems that I was upset about. First, we checked our bags at 12:30 pm with the Celebrity Transfer bus and did not receive them until 10:30 pm at night after numerous calls about them. We were in cabin 8136 and received the luggage for 9136 in our cabin and when we called they could not locate our luggage. Then, finally we received one of our 3 bags by 7:30 pm which was thankfully mine so I could get dressed for dinner. My husband had to go to the dinner with what he wore on the plane. Ok, so it wasn't the end of the world we will survive and we are on vacation. Next, my husband had Lamb for dinner the following night and when we went to bed he began feeling pains in his stomach and kept burping up lamb. The following morning he kept receiving the pains. No other symptoms other then pains. He thought he had food poisioning so went to the Doctor and that was given a pill to help and they put on the card food related. That was it nothing else said. He continued on with his day the pains got better he went to dinner that night and all was well until we woke up the following morning and went to go on our excursion. When he inserted his card it rang and said there was a message. They told him he could not go off the ship because he had a stomach problem. We argued that we were at dinner the night before and that it was food poisioning and he had not other symptoms. The head of security told him to go back to the doctor to get rechecked. He went and all was well no fever and we thought we would be released to go on our excursion but no they told us we had to stay until 6:00 pm that night. So, we lost a day in Antigua and our friends who were outside waiting for us to go on the excursion were concerned as they had no idea what happened. I was very angry especially since not one thing was said to my husband when he went to the Doctors office. Nothing about having to stay on the ship the following day NOTHING! What was worse was that he was at dinner, breakfast and the pool the day before if they were so concerned about it being something. Anyway, we got over that bump too. Then....my final straw was one month before we left I ordered chocolate covered strawberries for a surprise to be delivered to our cabin at 4:00 pm while we relaxed on the balcony before getting ready for dinner. I waited, I waited and nothing came. Finally at 6:45 pm I called and got Judy and told her that I had ordered them. She looked and apologized and said they would deliver them ASAP. I told her we were leaving for a show at 7:00 pm. They were in my room at 10:30 pm that night. So I must say my money was wasted as who wants chocolate strawberries at that time of night. So, the cruise was not perfect. It had some high points and definately low points. The staff was wonderful everywhere we went and especially Goose in the Martini bar but I felt cheated out of a port and did put it on my comment card which I received a response on my door the night before leaving that they would send a refund to my travel agent. Lets see if that happens.

Hi,:) sorry you had problems. Did you ask to speak with a Supervisor

concerning what happened and that you were never told you would not

be allowed to disembark the ship for your excursion?

As for the strawberries, sorry you did not get them till late but if they

were covered overnight you could still eat them the next day.:)

Glad you found the staff friendly though.:)

gailikecrusing.....All in all the cruise was a fun time. It was the Southern Caribbean cruise and began in Puerto Rico and went to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados with one day at sea. The food wasn't bad at all but the breakfast buffet got a bit old by the end of the cruise. The hamburgers at the Waterfall Cafe were awsome and I really enjoyed them for a change from the lunch buffet. I found the staff to ber very nice and always with a smile and a good morning. They were constantly standing at the entrance of the resturants with hand sanitizer. I never felt like they pushed anything on me such as Spa treatments or wine tasting. We did, however, do a wine tasting on our last day at sea and it was a fun time. They had cheese set up and about 7 different tables that had a white and red on each table to try. We went around and did the white first then the red and found two that we really enjoyed. My only drawback with the cruise was what I mentioned along with the fact that it was just a pain having to scan your sea card on and off the ship and then have your bags x-rayed when you returned on the ship. When you stay in a resort you can just come and go as you please. I do understand why they have to do this...I am only saying it wasn't something I liked. Our room was always clean and had towels, toiletries and our bed was turned down each night with chocolate on it which was such a nice touch. We had a Deluxe Ocean Veranda room which was a bit small but I enjoyed the balcony every morning when I woke up. My husband had trouble with the size of the bathroom and the shower but it did not bother me. So....like I said....I thought the cruise went well but not sure if I am a cruise type of person. We met great people at our table and I would definately suggest doing a table of 8 to meet other people and hear about their excurisons at the dinner table. We went with another couple and we both had a wonderful time other then what happened but as they say....stuff happens. I just didn't expect so much to happen at once to us. I never had a problem getting a chair around the pool either during our cruise and not even on our sea day. It was on the upper level overlooking the pool but not a problem whatsoever.....So, whoever is going on the Summit in the future you can count on having a good time and service just be careful should ou go to the doctor with a stomach issue. They automatically tag you as a gastrointestinal problem even when you state it is food related.....like I said my husband never had vomiting or diahrea just indegestion and pain in his stomach from what he believed was food poisoning.

Welcome back Tink. :)

Sorry you had some negative things occur; it is good you were able to take the good with the bad and still overall have a nice time. We had the same issue with Chocolate Strawberries a couple of cruises ago; my wife ordered them for my birthday (it is one of the few desserts I like) and for some reason they delivered a cake instead of the strawberries (I rarely like cakes). While I have had some negatives occur on my cruises, I have found that Celebrity does try to make things right when this happens. Hopefully your TA will receive the credit you were promised and that will take a bite out of missing the port.

Archived