Are there two Dawn ships?

wendanra

I'm a first time cruiser so maybe I'm just confused, but it looks like there are two Dawn ships. I'm leaving on the 5 day Western trip on 3/6 from Miami. I also see a 14 day Southern/Western trip leaving on 2/25 from Miami. So... two Dawn ships at sea over same timeframe - both returning on 3/11? I'm asking because I've been reading the posts about the engine issues with the Dawn and curious as to which ship is having problems (if there are two). I don't want to get caught up in the whole mess of the other posts and don't have anything to add since I have no experience on a ship. I'm staying positive and hope to have a great first time cruise with Mom and Aunt. And... it would be even better if two Dawns existed and we were on the one without engine problems. ;)

I'm a first time cruiser so maybe I'm just confused, but it looks like there are two Dawn ships. I'm leaving on the 5 day Western trip on 3/6 from Miami. I also see a 14 day Southern/Western trip leaving on 2/25 from Miami. So... two Dawn ships at sea over same timeframe - both returning on 3/11? I'm asking because I've been reading the posts about the engine issues with the Dawn and curious as to which ship is having problems (if there are two). I don't want to get caught up in the whole mess of the other posts and don't have anything to add since I have no experience on a ship. I'm staying positive and hope to have a great first time cruise with Mom and Aunt. And... it would be even better if two Dawns existed and we were on the one without engine problems. ;)

The 14 day is the combined 5 day and 9 day to make a back to back 14 day cruise.

I've notice this too, when I was looking though cruises to book. It didn't make sense to me. The was my father explained it to me is that you will have some people on the ship for the 14 cruise and others for the shorter amount. Though I never really looked it to it, but that does make sense to me. Not many people today can take a two week vacation, so this helps NCL have cruises for the ones who can and the ones who can't like me. lol

The 14 day is the combined 5 day and 9 day to make a back to back 14 day cruise.

Correct - The 14 Day will stop back in Miami after 9 days (When the people who booked the 9-day cruise prior to your 5-day will depart) and pick up the 5 day passengers. I suspect that the 5 day cruise will be made up of mostly 5 day passengers and a few 14-day passengers.

I will say that if you read enough reviews, you will think there are two of every ship. You will find some people that say everything was horrible, and others than can not wait to book again. All of this based on taking the same cruise. So, the only explanation is there are two ships with the same name, same ports, etc.

I will say that if you read enough reviews, you will think there are two of every ship. You will find some people that say everything was horrible, and others than can not wait to book again. All of this based on taking the same cruise. So, the only explanation is there are two ships with the same name, same ports, etc.
And there I was, thinking that the provision of two parallel universes co-located on the same ship was one of NCL's Freestyle Cruising features!

That is one of the most "right on the button" comments I've ever seen on CC!

Archived