Any chance to get a price adjustment after final payment?

LeeWalker

I made final payment in January and sailing date is the end of March. Just noticed on RCI website our balcony cabin catgegory has dropped $450 per person (no price adjustment in other categories that I know of). Any chance I get a refund?

I dont think so unless you booked the cruise before May 17, 2010. :o Also even if you did book before May 17, 2010 if its a Tuesday Sale, no refund either Im pretty sure.

If you booked after May 17 2010 you are out of luck.

Are any higher categories the same price or lower? If so you can ask to be upgraded.

Is it a Tuesday sale? From what has been posted, if you want a higher category, you can pay the difference and upgrade if the price is higher. Some people have also posted that they have upgraded even it the price is lower and it's a Tuesday sale. Always check the categories above you as well as your current category.

You can call and ask for cabin credit - it won't be a large amount, just better than nothing. Or they may offer you a free upgrade.

They won't give you any type of refund if you are after final and your booking was made after May 17 2010.

...and as far as an upgrade, thats a no also

That's not true. Outside cabins on our cruise are now actually lower than what we booked our inside cabin for... my wife called last night and got us upgraded to an outside. So we did get the upgrade.

What I am confused about now, is the -$40 balance we have now. Will Royal eventually zero that out? Or will we somehow get a credit?

If after final payment no refund and as far as an upgrade, thats a no also

This is not entirely correct. Even though price reductions will not be honored after final payment, if booked on or after May 17, 2010..........if a higher cabin category is priced the same as or lower than what you paid.......you can request an upgrade.

Archived