Need help booking hotel room near Galveston port.

RAMSJUNKIE887

Going on a cruise out of galveston in less than a month and I was looking for a room close to the cruise terminal. I know a lot of people stay at the Harbor house but that is already full so any other suggesstions? any help would be appriciated. Oh and I am driving down so I will either have to park at the hotel or cruise terminal

Have you looked at Galveston.com? The truth is the Island isn't that large so just about everything is with in a few miles. There are a lot of hotels on the Sea Wall directly across the street from the beach with plenty of places with in walking distance to grab a bite to eat or dinner.

There are several hotels in Galveston that offer free cruise parking as part of the rate. We have stayed at several locations in the past. Most also have free shuttle to the port as well. Upscale, try the Galvez or Tremont, more bargain, Comfort suites, Quality Inn and such. The Comfort Suites at the far end on the sea wall if only a couple years old and is very nice with excellent service and good free breakfast. I personally think that is the best option.

Iv stayed at a lot of the other ones, lol. The cheapest is EconoLodge, which is big rooms with king beds, 500 yds from the corner of Gaido's Restaurant on Seawall, so the location is perfect. $40 and free cruise parking. Next up Howard Johnson's, the plus is for $5 the parking lot across the street will shuttle you to the port for your cruise, yes to free cruise parking. Quality Inn and Suites I got a great deal on, prettier decorated and indoor pool (only 2 in Galveston I read) and its right across from the beach and most have a little balcony angled toward the ocean. Yes, to free parking.

PS Holiday Inn I know has the price of not only free parking, but the suttle as well ..however, its not the most reliable. You may have to pay for a taxi back.

EZcruise is $35 for Ecstasy and $50 for 7 nights and they have a great shuttle to the port. I did Econolodge and then moved my car to EZCruise about 10:15 am or so the next morning.

I got a deal from priceline for $65 at Four Points Sheraton. They have free parking and a taxi is less than $10 to the terminal.

We stayed at the Four Points in October. Nice, clean hotel. You got a deal... we paid a lot more than that booking direct!

We have always parked our car at EZ Cruise.

If you are wanting to save money and you don't really really want to stay in Galveston you could try staying in Texas City. its about a 20 min drive from there to the ship. I put the google map link at the bottom if you want to see it. I think around Spring Break and in the summer most of the hotels have a 2 night minimum but if you are wanting to have time to run around in Galveston its nice to just stay in town. Have a great cruise!:)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=galveston+cruise+terminal+to+texas+city&cp=25&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&bav=on.1,or.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I got a deal from priceline for $65 at Four Points Sheraton. They have free parking and a taxi is less than $10 to the terminal.

Was that with the "name your own price" or the standard quoted price? I have never used priceline.

Was that with the "name your own price" or the standard quoted price? I have never used priceline.

Yes, Name Your Own Price. East Beach Area. 3 Star. Try $65. It worked for a few of us already at that price. Free cruise parking too.

Good Luck. All other hotels want a 2-night stay and prices are jacked up because of Mardi Gras.

Yes, Name Your Own Price. East Beach Area. 3 Star. Try $65. It worked for a few of us already at that price. Free cruise parking too.

Good Luck. All other hotels want a 2-night stay and prices are jacked up because of Mardi Gras.

Thanks, I will give that a try. The going price listed now is per night about $139 for the first week of December 2011.

The only problem with PriceLine is we needed 2 big beds for the 2 adults and 2 kids. You might not get that with Price Line. I was sad as I do enjoy a great bargain that I have always gotten on Priceline.

Nancy

I did priceline - name your own price. $55.00 and got Four Points Sheridan. I called the next day and confirmed our reservation is for 2 queen beds.

I didn't know about parking for th cruise - can anyone confirm it is safe (we have a pretty nice car).

Can anyone provide breakfast suggestions the morning of the cruise. I'm hoping to show the kids the cruise ship coming into port.

We have very nice cars and live here.

You can leave your car at the Sheraton if they allow or park near the terminal. The lots are locked while the ships are at sea.

But anything can happen anywhere.

The ship will be in anytime between 5 and 6am. Kind of early for kids.

There are many convenient places for breakfast. Check out galveston.com

I did priceline - name your own price. $55.00 and got Four Points Sheridan. I called the next day and confirmed our reservation is for 2 queen beds.

I didn't know about parking for th cruise - can anyone confirm it is safe (we have a pretty nice car).

Can anyone provide breakfast suggestions the morning of the cruise. I'm hoping to show the kids the cruise ship coming into port.

The hotel was built years ago and operated as another chain.

It has been completely remodeled after the storm IKE within last year .

Should be clean and nice.

Things can happen to vehicles anytime, anywhere, all the the time.

The safest place probably to park

is at cruise parking lots with high fences

and full time...around the clock security!

EZCruiseparking.com has manned staff 24/7, and a high fence ...the port lots A B on the other hand did not have anyone live there, just chained the fence so it was locked.

I know because I tried to park there at 4 pm once when I arrived really late.

EZcruise was the only lot I went to that had a live person, and I knew from before they stay there around the clock.

• 1 month later...

I tried Priceline yesterday for Feb 10 & 11 for 2 rooms. 2 1/2 stars ad 3 stars. Tried 2 different loctions went up to $140.00 yesterday. Kept saying to add something. If I am going to pay $140.00 a nite per room., I can book my own. Any tips. Want to get this booked today. A lot of hotels are sold out already. Didn't realize it was a bad week. Sorry don'tknow much about Texas. Saw it was Mardi Gras. Hope that doesn't mean it will be a bunch of drinks screaming. I heard about Mardi Gras in New Oleans. Thinking of coming on Friday but may just change to Sat if it is too crowded. Any help would be appreciated. We gave up on car. That was crazy.

Try hotel searches in Webster, League city, Clear Lake City or Nassau Bay. These are within 30 miles of Galveston and there are many hotels. If you are in your own car you would have to find parking on the island for the cruise. Personally, I would stay in the Clear Lake area as there are many things to do ; the Kemah Boardwalk and NASA being the top attractions there.

Archived