Steak House & MDR

jormot

Does anyone know if we can visit both on the same night? Just curious because there are often 1 or 2 items on the MDR menu we want to try (mostly desserts). So we were thinking after dinner we could head to the MDR for dessert. Thanks!

Does anyone know if we can visit both on the same night? Just curious because there are often 1 or 2 items on the MDR menu we want to try (mostly desserts). So we were thinking after dinner we could head to the MDR for dessert. Thanks!

LMAO once you try the steakhouse and enjoy everything they offer.. you will not need to go back for dessert...the steakhouse desserts are unbelievable;)

I cant believe you would even be able to eat that much food, the desserts are enough to fill most up, I think once you go to the steakhouse you will probably be saying, ohhh I cant eat anymore!

Its the same way when you go to the Chefs Table...it was to die for!!

NO WAY! Say it isn't true!! No way someone can eat THAT much food and still walk. I thought the Steak House on the Splendor was totally over rated. The MDR was much better in my humble opinion. Can't imagine spending the money for it again.

NO WAY! Say it isn't true!! No way someone can eat THAT much food and still walk. I thought the Steak House on the Splendor was totally over rated. The MDR was much better in my humble opinion. Can't imagine spending the money for it again.

I agree that it was overrated, but it was also WAY too much food. There is no way you could eat there and then go to the MDR! :eek:

I am unusual in that I was not thrilled with the desserts in the steakhouse.

Steaks and sides were outstanding though.

If you are still hungry and it is early enough just go up to lido as they have most of the desserts served in the DR.

I am unusual in that I was not thrilled with the desserts in the steakhouse.

Steaks and sides were outstanding though.

If you are still hungry and it is early enough just go up to lido as they have most of the desserts served in the DR.

Thank-you, and I thought I was the only one that wasn't thrilled with the dessert menu. I ended up ordering the Mega slice of cheesecake and had them wrap it up so my fiance could enjoy it later in our cabin. Now that I know the Steakhouse doesn't have a problem wrapping up a dessert item, I will order the fruit and assorted cheese plate. This would make a nice midnight snack for the balcony.

Maybe if you had the earliest reservation in the steakhouse & your time dining...just before closing of the MDR. You might then be able to fit both in. You really do get more than plenty of food in the steakhouse...and their chocoloate sampler dessert is about 5 different shot glasses of chocolate desserts. I say...go for it!!!

Thank-you, and I thought I was the only one that wasn't thrilled with the dessert menu. I ended up ordering the Mega slice of cheesecake and had them wrap it up so my fiance could enjoy it later in our cabin. Now that I know the Steakhouse doesn't have a problem wrapping up a dessert item, I will order the fruit and assorted cheese plate. This would make a nice midnight snack for the balcony.

I love a good NY cheesecake and that is not what they serve. Last time had the cheese plate and while good not what I call dessert.

DW loved the chocolate sampler and the fruit was good but can have nice fruit plate in the DR.

However portions are very large so you very well might have no room for dessert.

• 5 years later...

I will be on the Dream in 2 weeks out of New Orleans and I have late dining. Do they still offer the free bottle of wine on the first night in the steakhouse? I have never been to the steakhouse and I've cruised on the Dream twice before. I really want to try to squeeze in both steakhouse and MDR. From reading the previous posts, it could be done with a 5:30 pm reservation and just take the huge dessert to go.

This will also be my girlfriend's first cruise. She's originally from Honduras but she has never been to Roatan so this will almost be like a homecoming cruise for her (but just short of the Honduran mainland). I don't want her to miss out on the first night's exclusive appetizers, entrees and desserts in the MDR. I myself have NEVER missed out eating dinner in the MDR on Carnival cruises.

Edited by QNTMLPR

Here was the email I got...

Dear xxxx

Thank you for choosing Prime Steakhouse.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests at 6:00pm on Apr 27, 2017 has been confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at mcsupper@carnival.com

I will do my best to accommodate you at another time.

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager,

Kristina Popic

Carnival Magic

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse Embarkation and first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise!

Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

Yes still have the deal.

This is the first Cruise elegant day. We do cucina's free wine deal the first night as the kids eat with us there. they do Camp Ocean kids dinner most other nights.

Edited by Trumpster

I could see going to the steakhouse for dinner at 6 and then hitting the MDR for Bitter and Blanc afterwards if I had YTD.

We really liked YTD on the Magic, worked better generally than set dining did.

I will be on the Dream in 2 weeks out of New Orleans and I have late dining. Do they still offer the free bottle of wine on the first night in the steakhouse? I have never been to the steakhouse and I've cruised on the Dream twice before. I really want to try to squeeze in both steakhouse and MDR. From reading the previous posts, it could be done with a 5:30 pm reservation and just take the huge dessert to go.

This will also be my girlfriend's first cruise. She's originally from Honduras but she has never been to Roatan so this will almost be like a homecoming cruise for her (but just short of the Honduran mainland). I don't want her to miss out on the first night's exclusive appetizers, entrees and desserts in the MDR. I myself have NEVER missed out eating dinner in the MDR on Carnival cruises.

Do a search for menus, first night in MDR is one of the worst.

Of course you can. Gym anyone.

I could see going to the steakhouse for dinner at 6 and then hitting the MDR for Bitter and Blanc afterwards if I had YTD.

We really liked YTD on the Magic, worked better generally than set dining did.

I agree - there was no "like" button for this. If it was bitter and blanc night, I would tell them the night before that I would be by for my b and b, after the steakhouse visit!