Obstructed view on Legend

danajjj

When booking a balcony on the Legend, the cheapest balcony stateroom is the obstructed view. What exactly is the obstruction? Is there a lifeboat hanging in front of the balcony or a pole that may run along the front? Obviously the obstruction may or may not bother us depending on what it is.

you must be looking at the 7a balconies. the obstruction is the lifeboat, but most of them are below your balcony rail.

only a couple of tall lifeboats fore come higher.

see what the price difference is between a 7a and an 8a is, if this is an issue.

It is the lifeboat and tender boats. If you look at the deck plan of deck 5, the front three boats are tender boats. Those are the most obstructed cabins. I haven't actually seen them (but have seen photos), but believe the tops of the boats can come to the top of the railing. For the lifeboats in the cabins after the first three, the lifeboat comes to approx the floor of the balcony.

We chose an obstructed view balcony for our upcoming cruise. A balcony is typically out of my price range but I am able to book one of these. It is my understanding you can see out, just not straight down to the water. I guess it would depend on how important the balcony is to you. I just like being able to have fresh air and be able to look out and around. There are lots of pictures that other cruise critic members have posted if you search for obstructed view in the forums.

Happy cabin choosing!

you must be looking at the 7a balconies. the obstruction is the lifeboat, but most of them are below your balcony rail.

only a couple of tall lifeboats fore come higher.

see what the price difference is between a 7a and an 8a is, if this is an issue.

I'm on Carnival's website, but I can't tell the stateroom categories. It just says obstructed balcony, midship, upper deck. I'll see if I can find the category info on another booking site.

kml2000 - thanks for the info. I'll do a search. I don't mind a little obstruction, but we do use our balcony a lot. This is a last minute cruise (the first week of April), so our options will get more limited. If my only choice is an obstructed view, we may look at another ship. We just like the convenience of sailing out of Tampa (and it is a bit cheaper than some others I've looked at!).

When we sailed on our 7/10 Legend cruise, we had booked a balocony with obstructed view. last minute booking I might add.

Well, it was obstructed alright. Lifeboat smack dab in the middle of the french doors which, btw, only opened. There was no access to the "balcony". Wish I could remember which cabin that was. Never again. We didn't save anything on that cruise. :mad:

When we sailed on our 7/10 Legend cruise, we had booked a balocony with obstructed view. last minute booking I might add.

Well, it was obstructed alright. Lifeboat smack dab in the middle of the french doors which, btw, only opened. There was no access to the "balcony". Wish I could remember which cabin that was. Never again. We didn't save anything on that cruise. :mad:

I think that may have been an interior room with french doors with an obstructed view. It's an "interior room" but has french doors that open up, but there is no actual balcony to walk out on. There is a thread on here that tells all about them and has pictures of them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1347563&highlight=french+door+obstructed+view&page=2

Here is a review someone posted who had that same room:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1270052&page=2

OP, If you have a balcony room booked with an obstructed view, You will have a balcony to go out and sit on. You just won't be able to see straight down. =)

Personally, I think the obstructed view balcony is a wonderful thing. I love that it's so much cheaper than a non obstructed view. Here are a couple pictures from when we had one on the Legend:

I agree with you. The obstructed balcony allowed us to have a balcony this trip. I am really looking forward to our week on the Legend!!!! Thanks for the picture. I chose 5176 so I won't be far from this cabin.

I agree with you. The obstructed balcony allowed us to have a balcony this trip. I am really looking forward to our week on the Legend!!!! Thanks for the picture. I chose 5176 so I won't be far from this cabin.

I had this cabin on the Spirit and loved it. You are between 2 tenders and so you will have a small view of the water. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived