purchasing airline tickets

htkodiak

We got a great deal also about a month ago for our june 25 cruise. San Francisco to Miami for 268 round trip on Continental. Can't come close to that price now. The day's of 99 each way coast to coast are over for now (with the exception of the post above me). A couple of years ago I would have been pissed if 268 was the best I could get, but now,as the youngins would say, I'm hella happy.

We just purchased our airline tickets for our Oct 2011 Liberty cruise.Has anyone else purchased this far ahead before.I'm worried about the oil prices affecting the airfare prices.

I just purchased my tickets for a cruise on Freedom in Sept

We just purchased our airline tickets for our Oct 2011 Liberty cruise.Has anyone else purchased this far ahead before.I'm worried about the oil prices affecting the airfare prices.

We cruise June 18th, and I purchased our tickets last July. Glad I did, because they've gone up from $288 to $410 pp (not including taxes and fees) - same flights.

I booked our flights with Southwest a couple weeks ago for our cruise in June. Because I booked the 'wanna get away' fares, if prices go down, I'll get a voucher for the difference (has to be used within a year of original booking date).

The price was a little high, but we got the perfect travel times for us, so I'm happy. There's a lot of interesting info on the Cruise Air forum, too.

My mom and I will be joining my brother and his family for a Thanksgiving cruise from Charleston...they live near Charleston and we are flying down from Syracuse NY....we booked the cruise and then thought we would figure out the airfare later (keep an eye on it for the best price)...being Thanksgiving week, I figured it would be high anyway...but when I checked (that day) it was pretty low (usually over $300 r/t for non-holiday) and we got r/t for $265pp total including taxes/fees....so we grabbed it!!

Just a note about using Orbitz (someone mentioned it earlier)...in order to get a credit on a price drop, someone has to book the EXACT itinerary as you at a lower rate for you to get any compensation. I did that last year, and there was a $100pp price drop but we didn't see a dime :(

Archived