purchasing airline tickets

htkodiak

I fly SW so I can not book that far ahead.

From what I have been hearing on the news and reading in the newspaper the fares are only going to go up...up...up..and up:(

The only issue with booking that early is that they might change you flight times.

We book as soon as flights are open! We booked in December for our July cruise. We fly in the day before so even if they change the flights a little it won't affect us getting on the ship.

Like someone else said the prices are going to continue to rise up so best to take advantage of any deals now!!

It only makes sense. I purchased airline tickets for a trip in August,2011 last December,2010. Could the price drop, yes it possibly could, but at the present time the cost has already gone up $95.00 per seat! I don't see any long term indicators that airline prices are going to drop in the future.

We just purchased our airline tickets for our Oct 2011 Liberty cruise.Has anyone else purchased this far ahead before.I'm worried about the oil prices affecting the airfare prices.

I think that was the smartest purchase you could have made. We are going to Europe in September and I called Carnival to have them hold tickets for us as well. Just in case the prices go up, at least we are locked at a specific rate, allbeit, a ridiculous rate, but at least we have that option.

We just purchased our airline tickets for our Oct 2011 Liberty cruise.Has anyone else purchased this far ahead before.I'm worried about the oil prices affecting the airfare prices.

We always book as early as we can, we booked our October cruise in December. And good thing we did, because prices have steadily been going up and up.

I always book as soon as the flights open. . . to date I've never had a drop more that 20-30 per person that I've caught. I do know our last July 08 cruise I got for 253 and 2 months out they were $800 for the same flights!:eek:

I would love to try Southwest sometime but I usually book somethign else long before they offer their flights. When they come out they're usually the cheapest at that time, but still more than I paid months before.

I bought our airfare at the beginning of Jan for our Oct 2011 cruise. Good thing I did!! I heard about the airfare going up, so I was curious about our flights and went out and checked......it had gone up $160 per person/round trip. That's $320! You know how many margaritas and miami vices that is on the cruise??:)

I bought our airfare at the beginning of Jan for our Oct 2011 cruise. Good thing I did!! I heard about the airfare going up, so I was curious about our flights and went out and checked......it had gone up $160 per person/round trip. That's $320! You know how many margaritas and miami vices that is on the cruise??:)

Or savings that can be used for possible reinstatement of the "fuel supplement" that may be on the horizon !

Just bought My Delta tickets last night from Grand Forks ND to La Guardi for $375 US return and I see they are $435 US today for peak season(July) so I am very happy I pulled thr trigger.Its only a 2 hour drive down for us from Canada.Its about half the price flying from Canada

We booked our flight to Miami about 9 months ago, for our cruise on the Liberty. We always fly free, thanks to hubby and his million plus miles, however even if we had to pay, we would book early. There are many open seats these days!

Archived