I know I am a nervous nelly but......

NHcruisergirl

Heading off on the Legend on sunday and just checked the weather forecast for the ports and am little disappointed. It looks good in Grand Cayman and Roatan but rain in Cozumel and Belize :( How often does the weather change last minute from the original forecast down there? And does anyone have any good back up plan things to do if weather is uncooperative? I know I sound like a such a complainer but really wanted sun all week since it looks like it has been all sun there for the last month!

What I do is disregard the 5-day forecast because so much can change in two days. They usually can get that right w/o any problems. Can u say a cold front/storm blew the other way? Just take you a plastic shower coat (can purchase at dollar store) and go as planned. It'll still be warm so hey that's really all u need.:)

The weather changes fast when storms arrive so you may get both sunshine and rain. What you won't get is winter as we know it. The storms are warmer.

On one cruise they handed out little, lightweight, plastic, rain covers that I now take on every cruise and they work great. You may find that even if it rains it is less of a problem than the cold rainstorms you may be used to.

Heading off on the Legend on sunday and just checked the weather forecast for the ports and am little disappointed. It looks good in Grand Cayman and Roatan but rain in Cozumel and Belize :( How often does the weather change last minute from the original forecast down there? And does anyone have any good back up plan things to do if weather is uncooperative? I know I sound like a such a complainer but really wanted sun all week since it looks like it has been all sun there for the last month!

You can get rain in just about any of those ports and it can blow over in a matter of minutes. Dont worry about it - your chances of good weather are really good!

I've been checking all week and everyday it changes.

It's normal to get a few showers in the Caribbean but normally they come and go and all is well.

If you haven't already, come join our roll call. We're going to have a Meet & Mingle on Monday at 10am in the Piano Bar.

It actually says that almost all the times I have ever checked....and I think in 11 cruises I have had rain twice but it has never ruined my day. In the Caribbean you will sometimes have little rain showers that pass through. Try not to worry ;)

I have posting our Weather Forecast everyday on our roll call.

Tampa pre-cruise from NOAA

Others & Tampa post-cruise from Accuweather

Sat 2/26: Tampa - Areas of F?! before 9am then mostly sunny, High 78

Sun 2/27: Tampa - Mostly Sunny , High 80

Tues 3/1: Grand Cayman - Mostly Sunny, High 86

Wed 3/2: Cozumel - Partly Sunny w/a couple of Showers, High 84

Thurs 3/3: Belize - Sunshine, High 79

Fri 3/4: Roatan - Mostly Sunny, High 84

Sun 3/6: Tampa - Not as Warm w/Rain, High 71

Oh KitKat you made my day! I feel much better :D. Thank you all for your words of wisdom.....my husband and son have been saying the same exact things for the last few days but somehow hearing from all you of really helps. I am such a worrier about wanting everything to be perfect but need to keep in mind that no matter what the weather I am still on vacation and it beats work and freezing cold temps!

Archived