Dolphin Discovery...without Carnival

klo28910

I tried to book Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, but evidently they now have an arrangement with Carnival, so I have to book through them. I thought about just showing up at the park and trying to book. Has anyone had any luck trying this?

I am just going to book online. When they ask for the cruise line, Im just going to check one that wont lock me out. Ive found 2 other ships on other cruise lines that will be in port that day on Cruisett.com. Then Im going to get off my ship, take a taxi to the park. I am not going to pay more than what any other person would pay just because Carnival made a "deal" with them to price gouge us!

I tried to book Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, but evidently they now have an arrangement with Carnival, so I have to book through them. I thought about just showing up at the park and trying to book. Has anyone had any luck trying this?

Yes, but it was before they made this arrangement a couple months ago. Last April, we just showed up at the park and booked the Royal Dolphin Swim. There were 3 of us, and they got us right into the next one in a half hour. There were 7 in our group. Later groups would've been tougher to get into, just walking up. Another key for us was that we had only our one ship in port that day. Check out that same website, cruisett.com, to see how many ships and how many potential passengers will be in port with you on that day. If it's a busy day, it will be tough to just show up and be able to do it. They may be all full already. If you go for this route, don't tell them you're with Carnival when you show up, or they will not let you do it.

tassycat's option is also a possibility, if you're okay with doing that and okay with the slight risks of your ship not making it to port but the one you put down making it to port.

We did the dolphin Royal,Push,Pull at Chankanaab 2 years ago. It was awesome. I searched online prior to booking and there was a referral on tripadvisor so we booked direct. Saved a lot of money and our group was much smaller than others... which gave more individual time with the dolphins

I did a live chat with Dolphin Discovery and told them Carnival didn't offer the option I wanted (Swim Adventure). I had to wait 48 hours and then they called back and booked it for me. It was much cheaper than going through Carnival. (The cd of photos wasn't cheap though. $150 for all four of us. It was $75 for one person.

Archived