Snorkeling gear on Half Moon Cay?

Gabruska

Hello,

I was wondering if they have snorkeling gear to rent on Half Moon Cay. If yes, what is the cost?

Thank you

When we were there in October, I don't recall seeing a place to rent snorkeling gear.

The snorkeling, such as it is, is pretty limited off the beach at HMC. There's an area designated as the snorkeling area off to the left of the beach that has a couple of crude man-made reefs but they don't seem to attract many fish - at least not when we were there in early February. If there is snorkeling to be found at HMC, it may be in another location through a tour or ship's excursion.

You can rent snorkel gear at the "Watersports Center" near the new pirate-ship bar where they rent the pedal boats and hobie-cat sailboats. Krazy Kruizers posted in February that's it's $16 per day.

edit: Cruisin Suzin, you posted while I was still "researching" :)

Given the minimal area for snorkeling, I thought the $16 was a bit high. If you take an excusion, gear is included. However, I was pleased to see the the gear came in a very nice mesh gear bag, with a shoulder strap. Don't miss the chance to snorkel off Grand Turk.

Archived