Early Bird Discounts

gacruiser5

No early bird discounts on Princess.

We always book far in advance. If the price drops, I call our TA and we get the lower price. If the price goes up, I sit back and smile as I have locked in the lower price. Also, we get a better choice of cabin.

Does Princess offer early bird discounts like Carnival? Is it better to book for Alaska 2012 as soon as dates are published or wait to see if someone offers a deal?

Sometimes prices go up and sometimes they go down.

Princess does not offer anything similar to Carnival's non-refundable 25% deposits that provide for lowest guaranteed rate. But you are eligible for price drops up until final payment.

What Princess has that we like are Future Cruise Credits, which you can purchase onboard. They are pretty cheap and you can use them as your refundable deposit and delay making any substantial payment until final payment is due. In the mean time, you are eligible for all price drops. You can also upgrade and downgrade without penalty, unlike the Carnival ES program. So, if you have FCCs, it is advantageous to book as early as possible to reserve the cabin you want.

Archived