Transfers and extending stay

Suzque49

I understand that if you pay for transfers through Princess they provide the transportation from the airport to the ship, and then from the hotel back to the airport, (after the tour part of a cruise tour). But what if you extend your stay after the last day of the tour, do they still provide the transportation from the hotel to the airport? And what if you don't stay at the Princess hotel, do you just let them know you don't need that part of the transfer services? (We will be staying an extra week in Fairbanks at the home of my Brother in Law)

I think by the time we are ready to leave, the "cruise season" will be over. (the end of Sept)

Thanks

Susan

Hi Susan,

I have been on the phone with Princess about the same issues you described. Although they are still "checking" I was told that the transfers are only airport to ship or in the case of a Princess tour, ship to hotel or airport to hotel. I have decided to cancel my transfers as we are arriving a day early for our tour and not flying home immediately upon getting off the ship. I'll let you know if they tell me anything differerent.

Have a great time!

If you have a hotel stay that is booked thru Princess, the price includes transfers from the airport to the hotel to the ship, or vice versus. If you book the hotel on your own, they do not offer transfers either to the hotel or from it.

When I have booked a tour or a hotel with Princess the transfers have been included and when we were delayed getting into Athens (expected arrival time was 1 PM but actual arrival time was 10:30 PM) we did have a transfer waiting although we had to look for him. Arriving before the day the ship is to leave without a hotel or tour I was not able to purchase transfers nor could I get them to a hotel at the end of a cruise although I could purchase a transfer to the airport.

Went to Europe this past summer to board Ruby. A friend told me they always go the transfer route because everything is done for you. I worked the numbers and if you can do so it's so much cheaper to make plans on your own (plus its on your time, your schedule). You are not meeting at a specific time in the lobby of a hotel to board a vehicle to be taken to the ship, etc. We stayed 3 days precruise in Spain and 2 days postcruise in Venice. Nothing to it.

Hotels booked thru Princess (most cruiselines for that matter) charge a cost per person for the room and transportation. In Europe, I found most rooms only had the equivalent of a queen size bed (actually mostly two smaller than twins pushed together) and as long as there were only two people, the cost is per room (cheaper, cheaper, cheaper) just like here in the US. Same with the transportation in that I used a cab to go from hotel to pier in Barcelona and, like anywhere else the cab was per ride, at our beck and call and when we wanted to leave, and not waiting on any of those people that always think life is about them that hold up the works.

Archived