NCL Jade vs. RCCL Navigator of the Seas

caritsa

My husband and I are trying to decide between NCL Jade mini suite and RCI Navigator of the Seas junior suite for European cruise in Sept. We have cruised on Royal Caribbean before and have been very happy, but we are wondering if we should give NCL a try. Also the NCL cruise is leaving out of Venice and RCI out of Rome. I don't know if one port is easier than the other to help make our decision. Thanks!

My husband and I are trying to decide between NCL Jade mini suite and RCI Navigator of the Seas junior suite for European cruise in Sept. We have cruised on Royal Caribbean before and have been very happy, but we are wondering if we should give NCL a try. Also the NCL cruise is leaving out of Venice and RCI out of Rome. I don't know if one port is easier than the other to help make our decision. Thanks!

Never been on RC but did the Gem (similar to Jade) this July out of Venice. The port is relatively easy to access. Venice has a website that includes maps, recommended hotels. Also, for three Euro you can take a bus from the airport to the plaza close to the terminal (there is a people mover from there to the port).

Also, departing from Venice is a joy of its own. Rome is a great city, but I think the port is some distance away and probably more costly to arrange transport.

I love both cruise lines, but VENICE is such an amazing port that I would pick it as your cruise starting point ANY day over Rome since the port is an hour away from Rome. I also am very partial to the Jade as we spent 21 days on that lovely ship in 2009!

Archived