Setting up dining with travel companions

MissKIA

We are going to be traveling with a few couples but we have all booked separately. Of course we would like to dine together, but how do we let Carnival know we are a group? Will they talk to me if I call, or will they not want to help me since I didn't book with a PVP? I suppose we could just wait until we are on the ship, but then we run the risk of them not being able to accommodate us.

We have also booked a B2B so I need to inform them of this as well so they can link the two.

If you booked with a travel agent have them call Carnvial with everyone's booking number so they can be linked together - should not be a problem!

If you dont' do that, you run the risk of not eating together...or having to pay a hefty tip to the maitre d' to get you to sit at the same table.

We are going to be traveling with a few couples but we have all booked separately. Of course we would like to dine together, but how do we let Carnival know we are a group? Will they talk to me if I call, or will they not want to help me since I didn't book with a PVP? I suppose we could just wait until we are on the ship, but then we run the risk of them not being able to accommodate us.

We have also booked a B2B so I need to inform them of this as well so they can link the two.

We used to cruise with three other families. (There were 16 of us.) We booked through the same PVP, but at separate times. We were assured that our reservations would be linked for dining. Wouldn't you know-that was not the case. Once we embarked and saw our different tables, one of the couples went to the maitre d' with all of our table #'s and booking #'s and got us all seated together at two adjacent tables. It was quite easy, but we wish we hadn't had to worry about it. In the end, it all worked out.

If you dont' do that, you run the risk of not eating together...or having to pay a hefty tip to the maitre d' to get you to sit at the same table.

No reason to offer the MD a tip to change tables. If you want tip at the end of the cruise.

However contacting Carnival to link the booking numbers now is the way to go.

No reason to offer the MD a tip to change tables. If you want tip at the end of the cruise.

However contacting Carnival to link the booking for now is the way to go.

Agree! Would not do that again...it put a damper on the cruise...I must say that I am not sure now if it was RCI or Carnival but the maitre d' was quite coherent about his need for a tip.

Archived