Need advise about suite for 4

bklsmom

We have a Christmas cruise booked on the Star with 2 cabins, one cabin mid ship balcony 10112 and one inside 10107. Last night DH was checking, and for $150 more total, we could get a suite for all 4 of us. My question is, would just the regular suite, with the 2 single beds and a pull out be large enough for 4 adults and worth the perks of a suite? We've never cruised with NCL, and in reading here, suite guests get a lot of perks that sound wonderful. It says the suite is about 400sq ft and our balcony is just over 200 with the inside a bit smaller, so square footage wise about the size of the suite. My only concern is just the one bathroom??? Love the idea of being able to eat B & L in Cagneys....Has anyone ever had 4 people in a suite and was it comfortable enough? Sailing will be myself and DH, our grown daughter and my mother in law...

A minisuite will NOT work...although the couch pulls out, the space is waaaay to small for 4 adults. No perks in the minis, not really 'suites; although they are perfect for 2. Some of the penthouses have queen beds that cannot separate into 2 and their 'couches' / love seats are not for sleeping. An AB suite would work if one couple is willing to be in the small bedroom....then you'd get the perks of a suite like Cagney's, butler, concierge for all of you. Also check out the villas.

We were in 12512-penthouse with balcony on the Star, deck 12. There is a king bed, and I don't thin it separated. The sofa bed seemed like a double or possibly queen, we didn't pull it out. The areas can be separated by heavy curtains, the curtain hides in the wall near the foot of the king bed, and goes all the way around to meet the wall of curtains by the slider. The area of the room is very spacious. The bath is very large and lots of storage, even for 4 people. The AB -two bedroom might work better and give you more privacy, as long as it has a hide a bed in the Lr, I think it does..

We loved the stateroom, had company and there was still plenty of room. The Family suite(no balcony) is also very spacious, and it has a dining table for 4. In addition to the hide a bed, there is a murphy bed hidden in the wall. All the areas can be closed off with heavy curtains.

I believe it was a penthouse with balcony AH catagory. Does anyone know if it has 2 single beds and the pull out sofa bed. My DH and I sleep together, but I don't think my 32 year old daughter wants to sleep in the same bed with her grandma, LOL. Still considering the penthouse suite if you think it would be roomy enough for all 4 of us???? For the extra $200 for the suite , instead of one mid ship balcony and one mid ship inside, the perks of a suite are indeed intising.

I believe it was a penthouse with balcony AH catagory. Does anyone know if it has 2 single beds and the pull out sofa bed. My DH and I sleep together, but I don't think my 32 year old daughter wants to sleep in the same bed with her grandma, LOL. Still considering the penthouse suite if you think it would be roomy enough for all 4 of us???? For the extra $200 for the suite , instead of one mid ship balcony and one mid ship inside, the perks of a suite are indeed intising.

We are 4 adult women that are planning to sail on the Star in a few weeks in an AJ category. Our suite will sleep 6. The main bed, splits into 2 twins, plus there is a sofa bed and a pull down murphy bed. Originally we had booked 2 balconies, but decided that the suite perks were worth the extra expense. The trade off is that we won't have 2 bathrooms or a balcony, but instead it will be a big slumber party. I have read that there is a "secret" bathroom on deck 13 that is rarely used, if needed, plus we are going to buy spa passes, so we will have access to extra showers and bathrooms. In your case you are looking at the AH/penthouse which will accomodate 4 with a main bed that is made up as a queen but can be split into 2 twins (if requested) plus a sofa bed, but no murphy bed. You can also request a roll-away, but as I understand it, there are a limited amount of roll-aways and these aren't guaranteed. I have also read on these boards that the sofa bed isn't the most comfortable, but should be fine for 1 person. If you go to the NCL website and go to the bottom of the page, you can pull up the Star, and you can pull up suites and there is a floor plan for each of the above categories, so you can see the difference. We would have preferred a balcony, but in the end, each of us wanted our own bed. I have offered to take the sofa bed, but if it's uncomfortable, I will ask for a rollaway - wish me luck.

I've been reading these boards for months, and feel like I know what's what, so please feel free to ask any questions. Hope you have a great cruise!!! You might want to consider the AJ, without the balcony if it's important to have extra bedding options. The other possibility but much more expensive is the DOS on deck 12 - the 2 middle suites offer 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms. I wish those had been more in our price range, but unfortunately for our week it was an extra $1500+ to upgrade and now they are sold out. Still we will have a great cruise!!!!

the bed in the AH-penthouse with balcony is a king. We were just in 12512. I could not see if it could be split, there is an end table on each side and the bed in next to the sliders, not like in the AJ family suite. Don't know if sofa bed is comfortable. There would be room for a rollaway in this suite, a long as they folded it up during the day. The room is extremely nice and roomy. There is no dining table with chairs, only the coffee table, which was a little awkward having lunch for 4 adults, but we managed. Dona

Archived