Maya Key v.Fantasy Is. v.Banarama v.Beach Club

Boatingmom

Can anybody who has been there recommend? Which is prettier, better food or better snorkeling. I'm torn. Originally I wanted to snorkel with dolphins but because of the price, I think a beach snorkel day is better. We're already going to Nachi in Cozumel. Looking for the Jimmy Buffet like atmosphere with a little extra:D

• 3 weeks later...
Can anybody who has been there recommend? Which is prettier, better food or better snorkeling. I'm torn. Originally I wanted to snorkel with dolphins but because of the price, I think a beach snorkel day is better. We're already going to Nachi in Cozumel. Looking for the Jimmy Buffet like atmosphere with a little extra:D

We did Maya Key when it was Fin and Flippers and cheap and easy to get to. Way over priced now but they have to charge that because the cruise lines get 40-50% of the take.

DW is intrigued by the "beach beds" at Fantasy island. And it is a bit more isolated being on the north east side. Bannarama shares the same stretch of beach with a lot of other places on the West Bay, and the Tabayana section of the West Bay caters to the ship excursions. If by Jimmy Buffet type of place you're looking for a margaritaville-esque palce, Banarama will come closest, but it's not the heavy drinking party haearty spot like a MV. If you mean wide open lonely beaches for stretches, you'll find these along the West Bay, just have to walk along the beach aways. Fantasy Island's location should be similar, just not as much total beach stretch. Maya Key's beach isn't really all that large, lots of coral, and many of the views are of Coxen Hole, the pier and the airport.

Archived