Anything special for St. Patty's Day on the ships?

Hootsie

If not, no biggie. I'm not a bit Irish but I do enjoy the day anyway. LOL! We'll be on the Ruby for St. Patty's so I'm just curious if they'll do anything fun.

We were on the CB for St Paddy's Day a couple of years ago. I got a lot of strange looks when I wore my shamrock deelie-bobbers to breakfast. Especially from my son!

Nothing special that I can recall.

We went through the Panama Canal on St. Paddy's day last year with the Coral. Lots of holiday spirit with green shirts of the "Kiss Me I'm Irish" type and headbands with dancing shamrocks etc that showed that folks had really thought about it and came prepared (I had not a snitch of green but I was wearing my MeMe T-shirt for canal photos). The atrium had some decorations, some green and white decorations in the bars and the MDR and buffets had leprichaun displays. All in all you knew it was St. Paddy's but not enough to be annoying. Drink of the day --Of Course Irish Coffee.

There wasn't corned beef and cabbage in the dining room last year on the Crown. But a lot of folks were prepared--St. Patrick's Day decorations on their doors and outfits. The only Princess decoration I saw was a cake made for the day displayed in the dining room.

We were on board the Grand last St. Patrick's Day and will be on the Island this year. Lots of folks had their Irish garb on, and there were decorations around the ship. I don't recall corned beef and cabbage, though.

We almost always sailed in March and sometimes during Mar 17th...we have seen some decorations in the Atrium, but not much else. I don't remember if there was a St Patty's menu b/c I'm not fond of the cabbage and corn beef.....we saw lots of folks in green.

Only been on 1 trip over St Paddy's day but didn't see any decorations on the Star. Only saw a few other people in their green. We had on Pat O'Brien shirts, beads, and Guinness in our hands!:D:D You'll have to make your own fun!!

and Guinness in our hands!:D:D

My traveling companions love Guinness; I think it flows through their veins rather than blood.

I thought they didn't have dark beer on Princess. They will be so thrilled if they can get a wee taste. :cool:

Archived