Penthouse Beds Length on EPIC

hockeymum

We are booked in a mini suite on the epic but i am contemplating upgrading. My husband is 6ft 5. Is the circular bed long enough?

Not relevant to your question however be concerned with the vibrations in the Penthouse Aft suites...as well as the noise from Spice H2O. The suite size is quite tight, and the tub is a garden tub with a step up of 3 feet. The vibrations from the stabalizers were awful....woke us from our sleep.

We were on the Epic in Jan b2b 14 days cabin 9290 yes you could feel the vibrations and yes they did wake me up ( early morning when pulling into ports) but not my partner, but Im not a heavy sleeper and it doesn't take much to wake me up.

Was it enough to make me give aft cabins not at all.

As for bed length I can't answer for amini suite but I can tell you that in a normal balcony the beds are short and partner is 6'4 and yes it's a deal breaker, we won't be doing Epic again ecpecially because we always do 14 days.

As for Spice we only heard faint noise one night, I think it was the night of the white hot party or whatever it is they call it on the Epic.

we also slept with balcony door open every night so the sound from the wake was louder than any other noises and is one of the reasons we travel in "aft" cabins.

If you plan on doing this take a bungee cord with you to keep door open as they are not sliders.

Edited by Love Overboard
additional info

We sailed the Epic in a Penthouse suite aft. I am 6'4" and found the bed to be large enough for me and very comfortable.

The aft Penthouse suites are wonderful and we would book one again in a heartbeat. Whenever the ship is using thrusters to maneuver while coming in or out of port there is a bit of vibration that will get your attention, but not enough to avoid booking this category. I have never understood the concern and focus on this. Really not a problem, just a wake up call in the AM>

The bed pulls away from the wall. We had some rather tall people on our Epic cruise in October and that is what they did. No issues whatsoever with the bed being too short for them. We love our mini on the Epic.

Does pulling the bed away from the wall make it longer?

• 6 years later...

Just reviving his old post to see if we can get an answer to how much longer you can make the bed. I'm 6'-7".

Also if anyone can provide information on the length of the round beds in the suites it would be greatly appreciated!