All things Dream!

a3593

I also want to know what time you can board the ship? I read around 11 or 11:30 I think..I also think I read that you can't get to your cabin until around 1:30...What do you do with your carry on luggage?:confused: Do you have to keep it with you until you can get in the cabin? That might seem like a silly question??? I would like to get there early but I don't want to have to carry my bag around until I can get into my room...:eek: Our last cruise we didn't get on board until about 2:30 so we didn't have that problem...But I want to get there early this time..:D

Thanks for the info..

Happy Cruising!!!

Tammy

I also want to know what time you can board the ship? I read around 11 or 11:30 I think..I also think I read that you can't get to your cabin until around 1:30...What do you do with your carry on luggage?:confused: Do you have to keep it with you until you can get in the cabin? That might seem like a silly question??? I would like to get there early but I don't want to have to carry my bag around until I can get into my room...:eek: Our last cruise we didn't get on board until about 2:30 so we didn't have that problem...But I want to get there early this time..:D

Thanks for the info..

Happy Cruising!!!

Tammy

You can indeed board around 11 a.m. We parked at about 10:45 and were onboard the ship around 11:10. You do have to keep your carry on with you. Cabins are ready at 1:30. By the time we ate a leisurely lunch, talked to the Maitr'd and read through the Fun Times in the Ocean Plaza, it was time to go to the cabin. It was not too much for us to keep up with the carry on luggage doing things this way. Our luggage was also waiting for us by the cabin at 1:30! I don't know if it was because we boarded so early, but that was the earliest we ever had our checked luggage!

Happy planning!:)

Edited by APDMOM
Clarify checked luggage

Thanks for the info..

Boarding in March was super easy, and my DH and I were on board in an hour... Around noon.... Schlepping around with the carry on luggage was a pain, but it wasn't horrible. I'll pack my bag a bit lighter I think! We loved the Dream and are cruising on July 30 to the Eastern ports this time.

Reese

Does anyone know what Indian choices (Tandoor) are on the buffet? I am hoping I can get some good nan bread & chickpeas. :D

I would like to know too. Love some nan and tikka masala or vindaloo...yummm

They did have fresh nan bread and "something" masala. I don't remember chickpeas or vindaloo (don't know what that is :o ). We enjoyed the samosas a lot, and often had tandoori chicken. Enjoy! :)

I will be posting a few tips here from my recent review...

TIP: If you don’t want to put up with the crowds in the Gathering on boarding day, head to the Crimson or Scarlett to see if they are offering a sit down lunch. The menu is always posted at the door. They did have lunch on our sailing in the Crimson dining room, but it was not posted or mentioned anywhere. We found out, simply because we wanted to meet the Maitr'd and see out dinner seating arrangement.

If your muster station is on deck 3 in the encore theater, find a seat in the side sections during the muster drill. After the drill, they dismiss the side sections first and the middle section has to wait until last.

TIP: At 5 pm on the last day, there is a Fun Farewell Party in the Burgandy Lounge. It is not advertised at all - just mentioned in the schedule. There are free drinks served during this time for about 1 hour (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). We were surprised to see how few people knew about it... imagine if all 4500 passengers showed up for the free drinks! (Okay, minus kids/minors). This is a well kept secret that mostly CC members seem to know about! We tipped our first waiter $1 for bringing us a free drink and he kept them coming with a huge smile on his face. You would have thought we had given him $100!

TIP: I can’t remember when it was, but we had a returning Carnival passengers party one day in the Encore lounge. You will receive an invitation in your cabin the night before. They served free drinks during that time too. If you want to be taken care of, don’t sit in one of the rows with the large pillars. It seemed like the waiters avoided those rows since they are hard to maneuver with a tray full of drinks. Once again, there are alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic drinks.

Seasoned Carnival passengers know this already, but on our first cruise we had no idea about this... When you print your boarding pass, it shows a tome for boarding. We thought this was set in stone... NOT SO. Thanks to CC we learned that you can board anytime boarding is open. Our suggested boarding time for Dream was between 12:45 and 1:45 p.m. (I think). However, we were at the port at 10:45 a.m., and on the ship at 11:10 a.m. So, board earlier for more time on the ship :D

Boarding in March was super easy, and my DH and I were on board in an hour... Around noon.... Schlepping around with the carry on luggage was a pain, but it wasn't horrible. I'll pack my bag a bit lighter I think! We loved the Dream and are cruising on July 30 to the Eastern ports this time.

Reese

Reeseycup

We are also sailing on the Dream July 30th... It will be me, my DH and my two DDs this will be my DDs first cruise we are taking them for their birthdays Jessica will be 21 and Taylor will be 18...It is going to be so much fun... I can't wait...:D

Edited by jtmurph7

I sailed on the Dream in August 2010. I've got too many tips to post here, so just check out the link to my review in my signature. Happy Sailing. It's a gogeous ship with the best food I have ever had on a cruise ship.

Enjoyed your review we have a spa cabin booked so I really liked all of your spa details and pictures

Apdmom thanks!! Meredisney, loved the review!

Apdmom, chickpeas are just Garbonzo beans. :D I guess I should have called them by their real name.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmBs0DYX_PfDHJoULNcLkvWA5f0pIpzwjBzQaCF6kVD1bnoXBi

Did you see anything looking like this at the Tandoor buffet?

Apdmom thanks!! Meredisney, loved the review!

Apdmom, chickpeas are just Garbonzo beans. :D I guess I should have called them by their real name.

Did you see anything looking like this at the Tandoor buffet?

Hie-hie :D I actually know what chickpeas are - just not what vindaloo is. I should have put them in separate sentences. I don't eat them, so I did not really pay attention.

I forgot to mention that they had great chutney. Also, they had the best Greek Salad at Tandoori! Enjoy... :)

Apdmom, :D:D!

Thanks for filling me in on the Tandoori. It's one of our favorites, and we are excited at the ability to be Tandoori gluttons for a whole week. :p

Also, thanks for the tip on the slides. I really hope it doesn't close on our sea days! Never have been on a ship with waterworks.

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

really? We were in an aft wrap directly under Lido and slept with our door open, no problems :(

Thanks for the info..

Happy Cruising!!!

Tammy

My group and I plan to arrive around 10:30. As for the carry on luggage, my cabin is on the Lido deck. I book this particular cabin on every cruise. Because of its location, I can literally go to my cabin, throw bag in closet and head to the Lido deck for my first ship drink. The other cabin entry areas are sealed off until 1:30, however, this particular cabin is accessible right away. I make sure we are not disturbing our room steward and it takes literally takes seconds to do this. :D

Has anybody here booked room 9363 before? I didn't notice when I booked it but it is right below the Lido deck under the Grill opposite from the 24 hr pizza.

We were in Room 9390 (opposite hallway though). Just got off the ship yesterday!

Is your concern the noise?