All things Dream!

a3593

:)

Each deck has a laundry facility. We didn't use it but did take advantage of the laundry service - gave our steward a bag full of laundry at 10 AM and it was in our room clean and folded by 4 PM...$15 for everything we could stuff in there. Made it nice to have at least a few things washed...

And another hint - take a look at what you are packing (clothes-wise) and at least cut it in half. I did not use 1/3 of the clothes I took and we went to dinner every night.

yep, we do this already. We like to locate facilities for use of iron. Make use of laundry service with platinum perks. Thanks and enjoy. :)

I have read about different parts of the ship wearing red, white or blue shirts to deck parties etc. Where can I find out what color we are supposed to wear? TIA:confused:

I tried to do a search to find it on these boards but all I could find were nasty comments left and right :eek: - blah blah troll things - and that they may have been discontinued than others saying no they were still on.

I know I read a trip report recently where the person (and their family) took part in the red, white and blue party and they discussed which floors had what colors but I can't find it now...still looking

I have read about different parts of the ship wearing red, white or blue shirts to deck parties etc. Where can I find out what color we are supposed to wear? TIA:confused:

Dang I just read this in a review.....its even worse that I've done those wars everytime, lol. Ummmm, I def. think that deck 8 and above are the blue team. I think the lower decks are red and the middle is white.

I'll be sailing the Dream in just 3 more days! I cannot wait. This will be my second time on the Dream -- doing the Eastern route this time! :)

I plan on doing an in-depth review with photos when I return. As well as a food review, since there are quite a few foodies on this board!

I'll be sailing the Dream in just 3 more days! I cannot wait. This will be my second time on the Dream -- doing the Eastern route this time! :)

I plan on doing an in-depth review with photos when I return. As well as a food review, since there are quite a few foodies on this board!

TY can't wait to read it have fun and hope you have great weather :)

Awesome! Looking forward to reading your review - I'll be on the Dream July 2nd, which will be the next time she does the Eastern itinerary! HAVE FUN!

Ok so I found it...according to this review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1383999&page=5

Decks 1 and 2 are Red

Decks 6 and 7 are White

Decks 8-12 are Blue

Hope this helps!

enjoy! we take a ride in September:)

We were on the Panorama Deck in cabin 11266, Brother and SIL in 11270 and son and nephew in 11272. Three cabins in a row.

We are going on the Dream leaving July 9, 2011 in cabin 11261.

Were your cabins quiet? Were your balconies standard sizes? We have been on many cruises but this is the first time we have stayed on Deck 11 and this is a bit more forward than we have stayed in the past so any info you can give on the cabins is appreciated!!

Sunshine Mullins

What is the cost of the Behind the Fun tour? Sailing on Dream in March!

Thanks!

Just took the tour last week--it was $95 per person. I reserved our two spots on the tour during the afternoon of embarkation, but they actually had me come back the next day to pay--otherwise the tour would be taxed. The tour was on the last sea day. We met in the Song Lounge at 8:45 AM, and after we were cleared by security (yes, they use the wand and take away any cameras and cell phones), we started the tour at 9 AM. There were 16 in our group and a second group of 16 was scheduled 30 minutes after our group, so 32 out of 4000 are eligible to take the tour. We didn't finish the tour until about 12:15 PM. We saw almost everything you could imagine. Lots of walking and standing, but very interesting. Going to the bridge was a highlight.

I will be looking forward to this review, I am taking the Eastern cruise as well!!

We are going on the Dream leaving July 9, 2011 in cabin 11261.

Were your cabins quiet? Were your balconies standard sizes? We have been on many cruises but this is the first time we have stayed on Deck 11 and this is a bit more forward than we have stayed in the past so any info you can give on the cabins is appreciated!!

Sunshine Mullins

Your cabin is a standard size balcony cabin. We were in 11209 last week. I beleive your cabin is just under 12225, which is th elast spa cabin on the spa deck. It might extend a bit under the stairwell to the Serenity deck, but at night you hsould have little or no noise, and I doubt if you'll be bothered in the day time if you're in your cabin.

Have a great cruise.

An aft wrap, HUGE balcony. I had researched before we sailed and read it could be loud with movement of chairs above. It was blissfully quiet. Occasionally we heard music from up above, but we considered that a bonus. We would book this cabin again. 1 flight below the buffet with easy access to tea, coffee and water, and anything else you may need. Did I mention the HUGE balcony? :D

And another hint - take a look at what you are packing (clothes-wise) and at least cut it in half.

I started to do this and then I realized I had misunderstood... Anyone have a suggestion on what I should do with half of a pair of shorts?

;)

Seriously though... has anyone reading stayed in the forward most balcont cabins? We're in 7209 and 7215. I'm wondering if that makes for a lot of motion, anchor noise issues, or any other concerns I may need to be prepared for?

I don't think this has been addressed on this thread...sorry if it was and I missed it:o. Do all rooms on the Dream have refrigerators? We have had a Spa Suite on Panorama Deck in the past, and that room did. Was just wondering about the spa inside or balcony cabins. Thanks in advance:)!

A-

I don't think this has been addressed on this thread...sorry if it was and I missed it:o. Do all rooms on the Dream have refrigerators? We have had a Spa Suite on Panorama Deck in the past, and that room did. Was just wondering about the spa inside or balcony cabins. Thanks in advance:)!

A-

Yes, all cabins on board the Dream have a mini bar fridge. You can ask your room steward to empty it out for your own personal use if you choose. However, be careful with what you choose to store in there. The fridges aren't entirely cold enough to keep dairy products & such safe from spoiling. I put 2 milks in the fridge and by morning, they were spoiled and the milk curdled.

I'll be starting my review tomorrow on my June 18th sailing on board the Dream - what an excellent cruise!! :)

Sorry for the delay -- my internet has been down so I've been unable to use my laptop. I'll be uploading photos & pre-typing the review tonight! :)

I'll be starting my review tomorrow on my June 18th sailing on board the Dream - what an excellent cruise!! :)

Sorry for the delay -- my internet has been down so I've been unable to use my laptop. I'll be uploading photos & pre-typing the review tonight! :)

Good luck with that! It's a job, but a great way to get everything down on paper before you forget. Look forward to reading it.

We had a cove balcony 2 weeks ago. It was wonderful. The room is very spacious and very quiet. The balcony is small but quiet and very peaceful. I loved sitting out there at night before I went to sleep just listening to the waves and sea. I would book a cove again. The comedy club is the best thing going. If you are at all interested in getting a table or seat get there early and plan on staying for a couple of shows. This is in the Bugundy lounge on deck 5. They also use the Burgundy for Carnival Legends tryouts. This was so funny. The Cruise Director may be the hardest working cruise director I have ever seen. His name is Bruce Begovich. The shows in the main theater area were excellent. Way above average and as someone said do not miss Dancing in the Streets. Internet stations are all over-look for signs that say FunHub. Connection was very good and pretty fast. Have fun

I think you mean Butch, but I definitely agree he is one of Carnival's best CD's. Had him on the Liberty last year, and I'm hoping he's still on the Dream when we sail in September.

I think you mean Butch, but I definitely agree he is one of Carnival's best CD's. Had him on the Liberty last year, and I'm hoping he's still on the Dream when we sail in September.

He started vacation at the end of our cruise on June 18. I heard someone say that he'd be back, but also heard someone else say that he could be moving to a different ship. Just rumors at this point.