All things Dream!

a3593

Here are a few cool pics I found:

Carnival_Dream_outdoor_cafe_001.jpg

One of the neat whirlpools that extend over the beam of the ship.

They are neat unless you are in one of the balcony's above them. People in them until the wee hours making all kinds of noises.:mad: Never again will we get a 6th or 7th floor balcony near the hot tubs or chess sets.

Another Dream question...

In the rooms that sleep three, with the third being the covertible couch... How exactly does that work? Is it switched back and forth? Will it be a bed for the duration of the cruise?

And what is the bedding like on the couch?

My 3 year old son will have the couch and he still naps, so leaving it as a bed would most likely be the best way for us. I'm also wondering if he would be more comfortable with some sheets or blankets from home. I'm probably not giving him enough for credit for being adaptable, and thinking too much into this, I'm a bit of a neurotic when it comes to planning...

Another Dream question...

In the rooms that sleep three, with the third being the covertible couch... How exactly does that work? Is it switched back and forth? Will it be a bed for the duration of the cruise?

And what is the bedding like on the couch?

My 3 year old son will have the couch and he still naps, so leaving it as a bed would most likely be the best way for us. I'm also wondering if he would be more comfortable with some sheets or blankets from home. I'm probably not giving him enough for credit for being adaptable, and thinking too much into this, I'm a bit of a neurotic when it comes to planning...

We had one of those on our Dream cruise. It stays a bed for the week. It is not like a sleeper sofa that folds out, so it does not take up more room than when it is a couch. It is very comfy and has normal bedding - sheet and comforter - just like the twin/queen beds in the cabin. Here is a pic of one...

DSC_0006.jpg

PS: We take our son's pillowcase of Lightning McQueen - that is all he needs to realize it is 'his' bed for the week & is familiar. Enjoy!

Edited by APDMOM
Add PS

We had one of those on our Dream cruise. It stays a bed for the week. It is not like a sleeper sofa that folds out, so it does not take up more room than when it is a couch. It is very comfy and has normal bedding - sheet and comforter - just like the twin/queen beds in the cabin. Here is a pic of one...

DSC_0006.jpg

PS: We take our son's pillowcase of Lightning McQueen - that is all he needs to realize it is 'his' bed for the week & is familiar. Enjoy!

The pillowcase idea is a great one! I think that would definately help him feel comfortable, without us having to pack anything significant.

I'm trying to envision the room from that picture. If I am correct, the main bed would be behind the camera holder in that shot, yes?

The pillowcase idea is a great one! I think that would definately help him feel comfortable, without us having to pack anything significant.

I'm trying to envision the room from that picture. If I am correct, the main bed would be behind the camera holder in that shot, yes?

It is actually a bit more to the left of that original picture. Here are a few more shots of the cabin... wish I had taken a better pic of the layout, but it is really a comfortable size. By the way, this is cabin 1208.

In these two pictures, the twin bed is to the right of the "wannabe photographer" :D

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

Here you can see a bit in the mirror - the main bed and the twin bed are against the same wall.

DSC_0172.jpg

Wish I was planning another Dream cruise just about now...

They are neat unless you are in one of the balcony's above them. People in them until the wee hours making all kinds of noises.:mad: Never again will we get a 6th or 7th floor balcony near the hot tubs or chess sets.

Here's an actual photo of the hottubs:

5876921681_55cbc14804.jpg

How come they were always empty, unless we were looking for one!!

Sailed Jan 1, 2011...

SPA package - 150 for 1 person for the entire week and it was the best money I spent. Went every day and used all the rooms ending in the relaxation room which has loungers overlooking the ocean. Great for a little nap. :)

Blackjack Band - Played in Ocean Plaza 6 out of 7 nights. FANTASTIC!!! They may still be on holiday - I think they come back in Sept. Don't miss them and if you go, tell Melanie and Jimmy that Tina from Ohio said hello and I want to sing with them again. Would go back on the dream just for them. They are way too funny....a mix of music with comedy.

Tandoor - This was the best food of the entire trip. I think I ate lunch there every day.

Serenity - If you decide not to go into port one day, it will be practically empty. I skipped St. Thomas and did not regret it one bit as I had a nice relaxing day.

The ship has a lot of movement so be warned. I never got seasick but I sure did feel drunk all the time because I couldn't walk a straight line. It was the worst of my 3 cruises.

No matter what you do...you will enjoy!

We just booked a Dream cruise in May. We booked ocean view 2470. This is one of the 2 larger looking rooms in the aft of main deck if you look at the deck plan. Anyone have any pictures of this room? It looks huge. Also how is it that low in the aft? We sailed the glory last May for our honeymoon in an aft balcony on deck 7 and didn't have any problems.

For those that have cruised Dream recently, What time (give or take) has the muster drill been done? On my last cruise our muster drill was done during sailaway and I was rather disappointed.

Also, I have read that the drill now consists of reporting to a lounge area without life vests and listening to instructions. Is that all there is to it, and about how long does it last?

Thanks!

Hi, My Niece and I will be sailing on the Dream 2/25/12 and can't wait. I was wondering has anyone stayed in room 11244? Would like to know if it is back far enough from the gym. It looks like it under a office or something. Any information or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks

For those that have cruised Dream recently, What time (give or take) has the muster drill been done? On my last cruise our muster drill was done during sailaway and I was rather disappointed.

Also, I have read that the drill now consists of reporting to a lounge area without life vests and listening to instructions. Is that all there is to it, and about how long does it last?

Thanks!

Muster drill was around 3:30 and we were back on our private deck in time for sail away. Yes, we reported to dining room without having to bring a life jacket. As a matter of fact, we couldn't even see a crew member during the drill. We could just hear what was being said over the speaker system.

Hi, My Niece and I will be sailing on the Dream 2/25/12 and can't wait. I was wondering has anyone stayed in room 11244? Would like to know if it is back far enough from the gym. It looks like it under a office or something. Any information or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks

Willowbea - my husband and I sail on 10/15/11 and will be in this room (11244). I will post pictures and give you more information when we get back.

My husband and I will be sailing january 14th 2012, we are so excited. We booked a suite on empress deck and heard that the spa was included. Does that mean we have free use of spa features like the pool? Or does it mean we are allowed to use the spa for a small fee. Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated. Anyone that has any information on the dream suites and other areas would be great. Looking forward to the serenity deck, OH MY. Happy Cruising.:rolleyes:

does anone know if there is a divider that can be opened between 9472 & 9468? from pics I have seen, I cannot tell

Yes - we had the divider opened between the 2 balconies, our kids were in 9468.

this is SO aggravating because I had asked this question somewhere on the boards and was told that 9472 & 9468 actually had a solid WALL between the balconies...not even a possible divider to be opened......I had seen pics of aft-wraps on the Dream and one of them stood out because it looked like a wall and not a typical divider, so I asked.....reason I asked is kid-related and being told NO there is no divider made the decision for us that our kid could not come....

...so....do you have a picture?

My husband and I will be sailing january 14th 2012, we are so excited. We booked a suite on empress deck and heard that the spa was included. Does that mean we have free use of spa features like the pool? Or does it mean we are allowed to use the spa for a small fee. Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated. Anyone that has any information on the dream suites and other areas would be great. Looking forward to the serenity deck, OH MY. Happy Cruising.:rolleyes:

I've never heard of any other deck or rooms that included to "VIP" spa suites other than the spa rooms. You can use the gym, sauna, locker rooms and pay for the suites and treatments..........

I could be wrong. Anyone else?

HMMM so I wonder if it is worth getting a day pass for $35.00 to use the T-pool and steam rooms for a day? anyone on here use these in the spa....is it worth it or not?? thanks:)

We just returned from the Dream and it was a wonderful cruise.

we tried to get a day pass and was refused; we were told no day passes and limited amount of weekly passes. They said we may be able to get a day pass on the last sea day only. Went on three different days and was told the same thing. but no harm in trying. Do go the first day at 1pm and they will give you a full tour of the facilities.

dot

we loved the pasta bar and I loved the burito bar.

this is SO aggravating because I had asked this question somewhere on the boards and was told that 9472 & 9468 actually had a solid WALL between the balconies...not even a possible divider to be opened......I had seen pics of aft-wraps on the Dream and one of them stood out because it looked like a wall and not a typical divider, so I asked.....reason I asked is kid-related and being told NO there is no divider made the decision for us that our kid could not come....

...so....do you have a picture?

Follow this link and it will give you you're answer. https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_VistaDeck.htm