All things Dream!

a3593

Someone said on the boards that you receive a free bottle of wine when you book your reservations for the first night, my question is, is that Saturday or the Sunday (the first real night at sea)? I would appreciate any replies.

Someone said on the boards that you receive a free bottle of wine when you book your reservations for the first night, my question is, is that Saturday or the Sunday (the first real night at sea)? I would appreciate any replies.

I'm pretty sure it means the day of embarkation.

The first night - Saturday, we have done it only once when we were on a back to back and we already knew our wait staff; we joked and told them they could have the night off. The steakhouse was empty; I think most people go to the dining room on the first night to get the experience

Saturday night.

We did it in Nov. and loved it. Nice bottle of wine, great service because it was not busy at all. The staff is great regardless but the first night they have little business. Go, have a great time!

We did it in September the first night on the ship and really enjoyed it. We were tired from an early flight and the steak house is very relaxing and we could set our own time to go. We got the free wine and then finished in our dining room a few nights later. Its a great deal!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi my cruise on the dream for nye was great. they said there was a total of 4500 guests onboard 1400 were kids. the food was ok but cold in the buffet when we ordered room service the food was hot the barbeque thing on deck 5 near ocean plaza was really good. i loved the ship i would go on it again i wanna go on it again for new years this year but its doing eastern again and i wanna go to the western since i never been before

my next cruise is on monarch of the seas from pc for three nites that ship is doing there last sailing its being sold to another cruiseline

Looking at a cruise on the Dream end of September; two questions:

Does she have the 2.0 upgrades (love Guy's Burgers on the Liberty!)

And will Jaimee still be the CD in September (again, loved her on the Liberty!)

Thanks,

Andy

Dream did not get Guy BUrgers. I believe Jamie said she was going on leave late Spring and didn't know where she would be coming back but I might be wrong

VERY excited about the Taste Bar & would love to hear about Dream's as well!

It was OK, you get a "taste" of what is served in the Steakhouse... basically selling it. We did it a couple of times and the food was great once and strange the second time... not sure if it was good as they are all small bites. I guess I did not like it as I did not get back in line for seconds...

I've book the Steakhouse the first night - just for the free wine. LoL. My cousin who is coming with me doesn't like wine, so I will get at least 2 meals worth of good wine. My question is, do they pre-select the wine for you or is there a selection you can choose from. Only regarding the wine they give you for free. I prefer Sauvingon Blancs and Cabernets.

I've book the Steakhouse the first night - just for the free wine. LoL. My cousin who is coming with me doesn't like wine, so I will get at least 2 meals worth of good wine. My question is, do they pre-select the wine for you or is there a selection you can choose from. Only regarding the wine they give you for free. I prefer Sauvingon Blancs and Cabernets.

It is their house wine & last I read you can choose from Chardonnay or Merlot.

We did the taste bar three different nights. Supposedly, the food was from different areas of the ship. The first night was from the Blue Iguana and one night was from the Steak house. We would slip by at 5:30, grab a sample and then mosey down for early seating. There was plenty of time. The food is already ready and you just go up and they serve it to you on a little plate. My husband loved the barbeque like chicken from the Blue Iguana, and the short ribs from the steak house. It was like having a little appetizer before we went into dinner.

Blech! Ah well...can't complain too much. Its free. And, it might surprise me and taste decent. :D

When we got the wine it was in a "bottle" with a twist off cap! Would have been better if they had put it in a decanter and brought that way. Cap smelled "wonderful".... lol

Our last cruise was on the Liberty and like the poster above we loved Guy's burgers. My son would get 2 at a time. We pretty much ate breakfast and lunch at fish n chips, guy's and blue iguana with an occasional trip to the buffet for an omelet in the morning.

We are not buffet type food people but we are not MDR people for breakfast and lunch either.

So if I am reading correctly our choices for non-buffet food are: pasta bar and mongonlian wok with a deck BBQ that is only offered a couple of days? Is that all or am I missing something? :confused:

Doesn't seem like much for such a large ship......can someone help clarify?

Can anyone comment on the process of checking in on carnival using terminal 6. I like to be prepared and precise details will be appreciated. It's been years since I have cruised so I know some things are different.

After dropping off luggage and going into building I think you need to show your boarding pass and passport... Correct?

Then do you go through security next? How many security lanes are there?

Then you wait to be checked in at the counter where they give you your sail and sign card and all that jazz?

Do you then sit and wait to be called to board and do all your pics as you proceed to board or do you do pics before you sit and wait to be called? Thanks so much

I am going on the Dream on April 20th with a 4 yr old and 1.5 year old. Question for experienced cruisers, is it worth staying on the cruise on port days? The reason is that I thought it would be better for them to just stay on and play in the water park and other activities as most people would be out and about. Let me know, thanks!

Bindy1 there's plenty to choose from for lunch other than the buffet. They have a homemade pizza place that's open all the time. There's also have the normal burger place by the pool and it's open most of the time the buffet is open. The pasta bar and the Thai BBQ are usually open when the buffet is open. And don't forget the sandwich place, their hot pastrami sandwiches are awesome. :)

Wip328 camp carnival often watches the kids for you while you're in port if that's something you're interested in. We always took our kids along with us and had a nice beach day while in port. The kids get to build sand castles and play in the water and we get spoiled with beachside service. I just love to sip on a margarita while watching the waves crash on the shore. ;)

I am going on the Dream on April 20th with a 4 yr old and 1.5 year old. Question for experienced cruisers, is it worth staying on the cruise on port days? The reason is that I thought it would be better for them to just stay on and play in the water park and other activities as most people would be out and about. Let me know, thanks!

Yes, there will not be too many people on the ship, so it's really nice. The extra eating options will not be open, such as the pasta bar, lanai BBQ, or dining room. I would highly recommend using Nassau as your "stay-on-the-ship" port. St. Thomas & St. Maarten are just way too amazing to pass up! Nassau is nothing special at all. We used Jamaica as our port to stay on the ship while on the Magic. The ship felt empty. I was going on the waterslides as much as I wanted, with only one or 2 other people using it. (btw, the big slides are not just for kids!!!)