All things Dream!

a3593

Anyone else looking forward to the first reviews of the 2.0 Dream? Sure have missed the updates since she went into dry dock.

Absolutely - we are cruising in February and have read some of the posts about possible surprises with the renovation. I will be excited to see if there is anything unexpected!

Anyone heard whether the Dream will have the high speed unlimited internet access after dry dock?

Do ANY ships offer unlimited internet access???

Do ANY ships offer high speed internet???

edit: I see that they have tried this on Magic. $99 unlimited. I don't know if it should be called "high speed" though...anyone know the speed onboard

Edited by emelvee

Do ANY ships offer unlimited internet access???

Do ANY ships offer high speed internet???

edit: I see that they have tried this on Magic. $99 unlimited. I don't know if it should be called "high speed" though...anyone know the speed onboard

True, maybe it shouldn't be called high speed. I guess high speed is relative as I see advertising as high speed and in the details is says 3mbps at the same time I am getting 40mbps+ at my house.

From what I understand the internet speed on the Magic is significantly faster than other ships.

Either way if the Dream gets I would be very happy about it!

True, maybe it shouldn't be called high speed. I guess high speed is relative as I see advertising as high speed and in the details is says 3mbps at the same time I am getting 40mbps+ at my house.

From what I understand the internet speed on the Magic is significantly faster than other ships.

Either way if the Dream gets I would be very happy about it!

I would love 3 mbps...I wonder if that's real-world results.

Only problem is that if Dream had unlimited internet, even at 3 mpbs, wife would be glued to her "Farm" on Facebook way too much during the cruise. :)

On our 8/25 sailing they had removed the chicken strips from the grill, my kids were so disappointed! They LOVE that chicken! I spoke with the buffet manager and sent an email to corporate that they need to bring them back. The manager said if enough guests inquire, they will bring them back.

Should they hopefully reappear, can someone post here and let me know.

I really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question. I have 5 people in my family. I would love to try a balcony room.Can you book a balcony with a roll away bed or would you have to do two rooms?

I think that with 5 people I would do connecting rooms unless 3 of them were children, then you could do the deluxe family ocean view cabin with the bunks.

3 are children(17, 12, and 11). I thought I could put the two boys in an inside cabin( the 17 and 11 year old). I figured I would book it with an adult in each room and split it up the way I wanted as long as they're right across the hall

Ok you post 2.0 cruisers, where are the reviews and information? Been waiting for an informational review, not one where the OP just gets bashed. Please let us know about the changes and any new information that would help us.:confused:

Hey thanks for the info. Missed that one.

No problem. I'm sailing on Dream in 17 days. I've hit my "completely obsessed, can't focus or think about anything else but cruising" stage. At least I can post here, so I don't drive my husband crazy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have hesitated writing a review on the Dream this time. We went on the Western cruise over labor day and this is also our second cruise on the Dream. We are both seniors in our mid 60's and love to cruise. Carnival has always been my line of choice and still is for many reasons. But I do say that I was very disappointed in the Dream from the last cruise we took on it the first year it was in service. The wait staff was wonderful...no complaints at all but the food was never hot. Luke warm at best. In my opinion, Carnival has always had some of the best food so this wasn't expected. We finally ended up in the buffet more then we like because the food was hot there. Our room steward did his job but nothing special, barely spoke in the hallways, which isn't the normal. We found many of the staff to be unfriendly and would walk in front of you instead of waiting for you to pass them. Now that i've said that..i don't want anyone to think that all crew was that way because there were some very special people that took very good care of us. I know this isn't the usual in Carnival service and hopefully they will address it quickly. And yes, I did write a survey card to Carnival to explain our feelings.

I would not hesitate to go on Carnival again...I love their ships and the "fun" feelling you get with all of their cruises. We had a wonderful time and did not let the small things stop us from enjoying the week. A person's attitude is everything when you travel....things do happen but don't let it ruin your vacation.

I will be on the Dream in April.

I am renting a car to get to the port and a shuttle from the port back to MCO.

The shuttle company wants to know what time to pick us up at the port. Our flight is at 2:20 pm. What time can I expect to get off the ship without doing self-assist debarking?