All things Dream!

a3593

I believe you an use the gym without a spa pass. I think the spa pass is just for the thalassotherapy pool, sauna and that area but I could be wrong. They used to not charge for the gym.

You're right. You can use the gym without having to pay extra. It's the thalassotherapy pool, sauna, etc. that costs extra.

Wife and I on first cruise this thanksgiving week. Was booked on glory, but switched to dream!

Love the board, lot's of good stuff for a first timer!

Rather than a nice, conservative, mid=ship, lower deck room for a first cruise........I'm in one of the front row, 4j rooms on lido - right next to secret door ! Would appriciate any comments on my room choice...good or bad!

thanks!

We walked by those rooms and they looked big. I think you'll like it, we have always discussed getting one of those and then we back out for whatever reason. We tested out the window on one to see if we could see in from the outside and we could, so make sure your curtain is closed if you don't want nosy (like us) people seeing if they can see in. :o I've also heard people complain that they can hear the door slamming shut from the wind when people use the door that goes outside. I made sure we closed it lightly for this reason. I think if I were in one of those rooms and this was a problem, I'd make my own door sign so people might be more considerate.

Cheers!

Thanks for starting and keeping up with this thread everyone! We are booked on the 10/13 cruise in rooms 11267 and 11271. This will be our second family cruise :)

Join our roll call. I do not remember seeing your name on the roll call. Hope to see you on the ship, too. We have a good group on the roll call and are beginning to plan a meet & mingle. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
We're staying at La Quinta the night before our cruise - anyone stayed there before?

Hi! We sailed 7/7-7/14 and stayed at the La Quinta the night before. Easy location, easy access to the port in the morning, and lots of restaurants in the area. The rooms were clean, the variety of breakfast items is very good, free wifi!!, and the property is lovely. Tip: there are no elevators for the second-level rooms. Luckily, we packed a "night-before" bag and didn't need to carry all of our luggage up the stairs (in the July heat). Our cruisemates weren't as fortunate.

Have fun!

Hi! We sailed 7/7-7/14 and stayed at the La Quinta the night before. Easy location, easy access to the port in the morning, and lots of restaurants in the area. The rooms were clean, the variety of breakfast items is very good, free wifi!!, and the property is lovely. Tip: there are no elevators for the second-level rooms. Luckily, we packed a "night-before" bag and didn't need to carry all of our luggage up the stairs (in the July heat). Our cruisemates weren't as fortunate.

Have fun!

Appriciate the info !! Will try for first floor rooms !! Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

This is our 4th cruise on the Dream coming up this Saturday the 18th of August. Real simple, we live here in Brevard County and its just too easy to get to Port Canaveral.

We've cruised the Freedom of the Seas as well.

We view the Dream as our "timeshare" and try to make a couple 7 day cruises each year. We love the Dream. Don't sweat the small stuff. Its cruising. Relax, enjoy. Not really a fan of the ports of call on the Western, prefer the Eastern much more.

Belize and Cozumel....we might not get off the ship.

Food at Chefs Art House {$30 a person extra} was awesome the last time. This may have been one of the best steaks/meals I've ever had. Better than Morton's or Ruth Cris.

We've stayed balcony, junior suite and this time grand suite. Getting spoiled with extra space but GS is just too pricey. We'll stay JS in the future.

I love the feel of the Dream and the layout. Enjoy.

We are doing the Christmas cruise and have cabin 2489. Does anyone have any inf on this or 2464 which is on the other side, I usually book these cabins on the conquest type ships, but this one on the dream looks a little smaller. On other ships, they have 2 windows, but think the Dream's is one window.

Great Pic !!! Can't wait until my thanksgiving cruise !!!

We're sailing on Dream again October 20th...can't wait!

So I'm a few years late posting my pictures...but most of us enjoy looking at them anyway, so better late than never!

And now for some pictures taken in our Cove balcony stateroom.

Nice pics!!! We are staying in the cove balcony on the Feb 23rd cruise also on the starboard side. What room did you have? 179 days is for ever!

Brian

Nice pics!!! We are staying in the cove balcony on the Feb 23rd cruise also on the starboard side. What room did you have? 179 days is for ever!

Brian

We were in 2289 back in 2010, and for our upcoming Dream cruise we'll be in 2260.

We really enjoyed having a cove.