How early will your cabin be ready?

pandi77

We're leaving in ten days on the Radiance out of Tampa and will probably be boarding early as we live in the area. We're in the aft gs and wondering how early our cabin might be ready. We usually don't board early because we are flying in but we are heading to the port around 11am and curiose...thanks

HAL just announced a program where your room will be ready when you board at 11:30. Now that would be great service.

Thats because everyone's having dinner by 3:00pm and usually in bed by 6:30pm. :eek:

Sorry...just felt the urge to.;)

We've noticed that all of the RC ships we have been on recently there are signs on the backside of the fire doors that state 1PM entrance (the fire doors are usually closed if you get there prioir to 1PM).

So while they may open the doors later than 1PM, I have not seen where they have opened them any earlier.

We're leaving in ten days on the Radiance out of Tampa and will probably be boarding early as we live in the area. We're in the aft gs and wondering how early our cabin might be ready. We usually don't board early because we are flying in but we are heading to the port around 11am and curiose...thanks

We always check out our cabin before 1 in case it is ready (and it often is) so we can drop off our carry on and not have to haul it to the Windjammer for lunch.

We always check out our cabin before 1 in case it is ready (and it often is) so we can drop off our carry on and not have to haul it to the Windjammer for lunch.

Great to know...we'll check it out just in case.

maybe since it's a suite the previous guest left early (priority disembarkation) and so the cabin might be ready earlier? I wonder if that's the case with most suites?

Thats because everyone's having dinner by 3:00pm and usually in bed by 6:30pm. :eek:

Sorry...just felt the urge to.;)

d4nigirl...you made me spew my water. Thanks for the chuckle. :D (you said what I was thinking unfortunately)

If you get a cabin on deck 10.

You can jump over from deck 11,

and land on your balcony !

[ Do not try this at home ]

:eek:.

I would like to see the cabin attendant's face when i land roughly on a deck chair, dust off the fall andask him to make sure my coffee pods have the right size refills and he does a turn down for bedtime...lol.

In my experience, at least recently, they have kept the fire doors locked until the cabins are ready, so no popping by to drop things off in the cabin. Usually, that's been around 1-1:30 but once they weren't ready until 2 and the steward was just finishing up at that time.

I think the trend is that cabins will be available by 1:00PM, as previously stated they are keeping the fire doors to all the cabin areas closed until the cabins are ready. So that prevents the going by to check and drop off the carry on bag.

Yes our trip on the Noordam was a little quiet after 9:00 pm.

The rush out of the evening show was more like an ooze.

On the plus side is that you can bring as much wine/champagne (no beer or liquor) as you want to consume in your cabin or pay the corkage fee to consume it in the MDR or bars.

Also on HAL they had two for one specials every night, cheap mimosas/bloody marys, and cheap draft beer (approx $3.00). Best booze deals afloat.

Will definitely figure into my cruise choice.

Yes our trip on the Noordam was a little quiet after 9:00 pm.

The rush out of the evening show was more like an ooze.

On the plus side is that you can bring as much wine/champagne (no beer or liquor) as you want to consume in your cabin or pay the corkage fee to consume it in the MDR or bars.

Also on HAL they had two for one specials every night, cheap mimosas/bloody marys, and cheap draft beer (approx $3.00). Best booze deals afloat.

Will definitely figure into my cruise choice.

Well HAl has sme bonuses in those two regards for sure. I will report back promptly and let everyone know when the suite ended up being ready...one week from tomorrow!

Archived